Wanna really push your PC? (1 Viewer)

I'm not gonna try on this fossil I have here at work, but that does look like a great pic. I just can't believe that res. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont believe much of the information that astronomists give us these days (such as distances; i.e. "11.6 Million Light Years away")..... No, Im not a scientist but I seriously doubt we are capable of accurately figuring things like that out......

I dont believe much of the information that astronomists give us these days (such as distances; i.e. "11.6 Million Light Years away")..... No, Im not a scientist but I seriously doubt we are capable of accurately figuring things like that out......

what exactly makes you think it's not accurate???

what exactly makes you think it's not accurate???

Really, I dont have any theory's as to why I dont think it's accurate... It's just my honest opinion that I personally dont believe that we have the capability to measure something as far as what they say things are (11.6 MILLION LIGHT YEARS )..... Come on, just truly sit back a miniute and try to invision how far that truly is...... It's imossible if you ask me...

Really, I dont have any theory's as to why I dont think it's accurate... It's just my honest opinion that I personally dont believe that we have the capability to measure something as far as what they say things are (11.6 MILLION LIGHT YEARS )..... Come on, just truly sit back a miniute and try to invision how far that truly is...... It's imossible if you ask me...

Last edited:
Yeah, kinda like how hard it is to envision splitting particles as small as atoms to create chain reactions to blow stuff up, ain't it?

Just because you don't understand the science behind it doesn't mean the science isn't valid, and just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's a valid one either.

Come on....

Do you even know how they measure the distances?

I doubt it...

oh, i see......well, there has to be a way to measure it.....it may not be down to the nearest tenth of a mile, but it's probably as close as can be expected.......

I've had the process explained to me and actually done some of the caluclaitons in some astronomy classes in college. It's based on some fairly basic mathematics. It's really not that big of a deal.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/astronomy/distance.html

Not impossible, it just takes a lot of math.

Come on, just truly sit back a miniute and try to invision how far that truly is...

Maybe if you used that time to actually learn some higher level physics and mathematics you might be better ale to envision how they come up with those figures.

But no, you're right, there's a global conspiracy amongst every single intelligent person on the earth. That makes way more sense

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom