Was this not the most painful season ever? (1 Viewer)

Some of you have short memories.

The last three years of the Mora era, Most of the Ditka Error...er...Era...and of course. Haslett (with the exception of one year, of course)

I said it before, Ill say it again - it was easier being a Saints fan when we were supposed to be horrible. This team is a see-saw, bipolar freakshow. Offense great, defense horrible. One week great, next week horrible. Its like having blue ***** every other week from the same girl.

it just seems especially painfull now because it's fresh. There have been plenty of equally painfull and , yes, even worse seasons

I'd have to agree with bradman1965. The 1983 season finale was the most heartbreaking end to any football season I've ever experienced. We had a chance to have our 1st winning season ever and 1st playoff berth ever. The ******* Rams didn't do squat all day offensively until the last drive. They scored their points on 2 Nolan Cromwell interception returns for TDs and a punt return for a TD. The Saints only had to kick a (future Hall-of-Famer Morton Andersen)46 yard field goal to force the Rams to score a TD to win. But the senile Bum Phillips opted to play it safe and punt. The Saints promptly went to the "prevent" defense which prevented them from winning. The Rams went on their only effective offensive drive of the game to allow the punk Lansford to kick every Saints fan right in the gut. That's the closest I ever came to crying over a football game.

This season is frustrating for sure, but comparitively speaking, its not even close.

I don't think any other team could have finished 8-8 with the injuries we had. I'd put this season more in the disappointing category.

Has any saints season ever been as brutally painful as this one? Even you old folks can't name one. This has to be the most disappointing season in saints history. It just makes you want to break down in tears.

Are you kidding? I can name many seasons that opened with hope and died a slow painful death. This was wonderful compared to the pain this organization has dealt out in the past.

I agree with Bradman1965. I remember that game and season vividly. The injuries killed the Saints, along with no safeties. We should have been 10-6, not including this game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom