What AI's do ya'll use? (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I had my intro to the 'AI' world about 4-5 years ago when chatgpt was in its infancy. Company I was working for had us use the API's to help business owners curate Google my business summaries and web content / promos based on their location, what was popular around them, etc. It was interesting.

Now I feel like we're on the precipice of a huge shift in the way we use the internet. Maybe not paradigm shift, but something significant. I use an AI program probably at least half the time vs. traditional browser use, ie typing into a search bar. It's really only to get to sites like Saintsreport and Youtube.

To be clear, the main uses I have for these programs now are just research (like, search 100 pages and give me instances of 'x' and 'y' in a nice summary, or help me consolidate my ideas, etc.). Not too much other than that, but it's a huge time saver for me when I want to find specific content. I work in tech, and yesterday I wanted to find a specific answer to why our implementation of code on a control wouldn't pass an accessibility audit. I gave it some generic sample code and the question, and it gave me a pretty great formatted answer with supporting articles. Of course, always check your sources as this stuff isn't supposed to be the spoken word - but it's helpfu.

My most used all-around is Perplexity AI and microsoft copilot. I also use edge browser primarily now because of the way copilot basically gives me a contextual answer for everything i type as well, not just traditional search results. Google is about to be there, launching Gemini now. So maybe i'll go back to it:
I also use:
- PlusAI: Helps me throw a bunch of ideas into the ether and create Google slide decks out of that
- LeonardoAI: Helps me create graphical ideas through prompts
- Goblin.tools: Breaks down big tasks into series of manageable steps all within a click
- RambleFix; Lets me reply to email, article, write a bunch of notes, whatever and lets me speak rather than write

What are some that you use and why?

Funny you posted this today, i literally only checked out Chat GPT yesterday for the first time, bookmarked it and downloaded the app.. so yeah, i have zero experience with AI and lately i feel like im a little behind the curve.. mostly in re to work stuff, so im planning to delve into it and catch up, but also on a personal level- though im still not clear on the differences between something like Chat GPT and Google ?? So im feeling a little bit like a relic, but hey at least im looking to get onboard now .

ChatGPT, Microsoft Copilot, and Adobe Firefly. I've played with other for various projects, but uses these 3 most frequently.

I mainly use ChatGPT to help me develop Shopify, Wordpress, and Drupal code snippets. Pretty decent results most of the time, but it tends to require a good bit of refining through follow-up prompts.

I finished a certificate program in December and I had to do a PowerPoint. I hadn't done on in ten years so I figured I'd try AI.

Everything that I found wanted a monthly subscription. I was willing to pay for the use but I don't need a subscription.

Microsoft Copilot was/is a corporate thing. It wasn't available for my personal account.

I have a subscription to ChatGPT. I also use Bard and Co-pilot. While I love the fact that co-pilot is always accessible, it has been my experience that it is the least reliable of the three. ChatGPT is probably my favorite. Bard tends to give more sheet than GPT, so I use it less often, but when I am in the midst of heavy writing or research, and I have a question, I will ask them both and see which has the best answer. I'm not a tech guy. I am a blue-collar guy who has gone back to school in my late 40s and just completed my first Master's, and I am getting ready to start a second one. Sometimes AI can cover up some of the deficiencies I have from being out of school for 30 years... I would never trust them totally. I have on multiple occasions asked them about research methods used or participant demographics and they have created incorrect information. I wouldn't use them for tests, either. I feel like they would hit about 80-90 on objective answers, but subjective answers, not so much...

Tried ChatGPT for the first time a couple of weeks ago - introduced to me by my son.

I'm in the middle of a career change, have been using it to rewrite my resume, tailor my cover letters to specific job postings, etc. I'm more than impressed - the stuff it puts out is a lot better than what I was doing (although, admittedly it's been 16 years since I've looked for a new job). Of course I edit heavily, take out any inaccuracies, inconsistencies, make it my own voice, etc - but it's been a game-changer for me. I'm able to get applications out a lot quicker these days.

Tried ChatGPT for the first time a couple of weeks ago - introduced to me by my son.

I'm in the middle of a career change, have been using it to rewrite my resume, tailor my cover letters to specific job postings, etc. I'm more than impressed - the stuff it puts out is a lot better than what I was doing (although, admittedly it's been 16 years since I've looked for a new job). Of course I edit heavily, take out any inaccuracies, inconsistencies, make it my own voice, etc - but it's been a game-changer for me. I'm able to get applications out a lot quicker these days.
Interesting. My wife is a teacher and she’s done with the classroom. She would stay in education in a support position, or something non-classroom. She can create her education resume, but we’ve also been working on her non-education resume. This resume strips away all the education lingo, and focuses on the skillset. We’ve developed a resume but your post makes me wonder what AI could do with it.

Funny you posted this today, i literally only checked out Chat GPT yesterday for the first time, bookmarked it and downloaded the app.. so yeah, i have zero experience with AI and lately i feel like im a little behind the curve.. mostly in re to work stuff, so im planning to delve into it and catch up, but also on a personal level- though im still not clear on the differences between something like Chat GPT and Google ?? So im feeling a little bit like a relic, but hey at least im looking to get onboard now .

That's awesome! It took me a while to really start knowing what to ask, what use cases it'd be most helpful in, etc.

This is the way I think of it sometimes is that AI's like ChatGPT answer your queries more conversationally and with more personalized results. I think it's generally thought that Google is still more reliable because ChatGPT relies on info it's trained on, but Google has access to more or less anything with less personalized results.

One thing to note is that chatgpt (at least the free version) doesn't derive knowledge from live webpages, just knowledge it's been trained on. That's why I like using Perplexity over it (it also functions more like a search engine so it's closer to a hybrid between chatgpt & google).

I mainly use ChatGPT to help me develop Shopify, Wordpress, and Drupal code snippets. Pretty decent results most of the time, but it tends to require a good bit of refining through follow-up prompts.

Yeah, that seems about right. I have used copilot in VScode for Javascript stuff and site layouts but haven't worked in WP or Shopify in a while.
This seems like an interesting tool for WP code:
CodeWP

Interesting. My wife is a teacher and she’s done with the classroom. She would stay in education in a support position, or something non-classroom. She can create her education resume, but we’ve also been working on her non-education resume. This resume strips away all the education lingo, and focuses on the skillset. We’ve developed a resume but your post makes me wonder what AI could do with it.
I can definitely recommend it's use. Search for a couple of YouTube videos that tells you what to ask for both resumes and cover letters - specifying a career change, creating a skills-based resume, etc. And you're not just stuck with whatever it spits out - you can tell it to tone down the flowery language to get a different draft, have it reword specific sentences, etc.

I would definitely give it a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom