What has happened to Trey Hendrickson? (1 Viewer)

Seems to be the flaw. He has some motor and pass rushing skills but in pre-season he was getting run right at and struggled to contain...

Good point.
I’ll be excited to see what he can bring. And I know he will be anxious after being inactive so much. Will be intriguing to see how the run D fares with MD out of the games entirely now.

We're just that loaded at the position, we have him as depth. He may not be as good as those in front of him, but it's good that he's there when we need him.

Good point.
I’ll be excited to see what he can bring. And I know he will be anxious after being inactive so much. Will be intriguing to see how the run D fares with MD out of the games entirely now.
I don't thinkMD was playing many snaps on what would be considered "running downs" though his snap count seemed to have been increasing with each passing game, so he was playing more run fits than to start the season. AO is still the starting DE on that side though and it's because he's the best run defender option we have opposite Cam. Once MD's game has totally rounded out, he'll take over as the starter/full time player like Cam is on the other side.

I don't thinkMD was playing many snaps on what would be considered "running downs" though his snap count seemed to have been increasing with each passing game, so he was playing more run fits than to start the season. AO is still the starting DE on that side though and it's because he's the best run defender option we have opposite Cam. Once MD's game has totally rounded out, he'll take over as the starter/full time player like Cam is on the other side.

Good points. Hopefully Trey can come in hungry and us not miss a beat.

That’s not correct. MD is better against the run than AO. AO is no slouch, now. It’s just that MD is a game wrecker against the run. Too big. Too strong. Too fast. Teams haven’t been running at him

my opinion.. the coaching staff looked at the production of the first few weeks and recognized that while players like Okafor and Trey are all in the right position mentally.. athletically Davenport is can overcome an be special given more snaps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom