What is your YouTube success story? (1 Viewer)

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've used YouTube as a reference for a few years now. It has saved me hundreds of dollars (that may be a conservative figure) over that time & I'm amazed that you can pretty much find anything & everything with just a short search.

Recently, my Samsung dryer would not heat up. Service for that type of appliance in my area is all but impossible....so why not "YouTube" it? Sure enough, in dependable fashion, I was stepped through the process and repaired the dryer (blown element).

I find, what makes it so damn useful, is almost every make/model/etc. of any car, appliance, whatever is available to viewers. My initial search was on-line and landed on a repair parts website. It listed thermal fuses as the most likely culprit....and had a generic Samsung dryer repair video. As it turned out, my fuses were good, the element was bad. The video from the website left a little to be desired with that....so I turned to YouTube. Some dude posted my exact model number dryer and how to change out the element. I never would have been able to sucessfully tackle the problem without that video. I should send him some money for the help!!!

What is your YouTube success story (or failure :covri:)???

Fixed a washer and dryer.
Good installation instructions to install a Pioneer stereo in my son's car.
Learned how to replace oil canister on a Camry. Never had seen 1 of those before, only a filter.
Learned how to fix self-propelled mechanism on mower
Learned how to replace starter and alternator on a Corolla
Learned that there are segments of society who are completely insane.

...learned how to prancersize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew

MichaelCobbinsOKStateOpenMouthStare.gif

yup.. learned how to replace a few parts on the car. Learned how to fix a push lawnmower and a riding lawnmower. Really do appreciate some of the videos that are out there, folks who take the time to actually film their work and explain what they are doing.

I found that 83rd relic that had been hiding behind that pillar at the foot of the Dragon Mountain...

Lots of stuff on the cars, the boat; and as those above-- washer and dryer and other appliances. Just finding out how to remove specific trim/covers to get to a replacement part is a great service-- is it held on with a tab? which way do you pull? Does it "snap" on and off?

Also, isn't it great to be able to find parts-- both replacement and aftermarket-- online? I've bought everything from rear view visors and mechanical switches up to my new replacement boat trailer online-- it's all there, available and shipped within a day or two, and usually less expensive than trying to find something (and paying for it) locally.

I learned how to write a software script that we would have had to pay thousands for.

I also learned that there are thousands of people that have no problem undermining the value of their expertise by posting it online for free.

I learned there was such a thing a "Dan TDM" and that my son will watch each and every one of his videos as much as possible unless i stop him

wouldn't call that a success though

I had a 93 Dodge Dakota truck.
all of a sudden, won't start. did all the normal stuff, plugs, wires, coil, distributor cap, etc... would turn over, but not crank. tested the relays under the hood, one of them wasn't getting power.
Went on Google, found a video showing how to replace a bad connection in the wiring harness. apparently it was a common problem with that model truck. it was a $5, 30 minute fix.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was able to repair my leaf blower and my weed trimmer by watching youtube videos. I also learned how to make crispy oven baked honey siracha chicken wings. Fried texture in the oven? You bet.

Fixed the chainsaw. Replaced headlight, serpentine belt, and filters on car. Learned the easiest way to clean a pomegranate.

Probably saved me 300.00 in repair bills. Except for the pomegranate, that was still a pain :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom