what should I do? (1 Viewer)

all 3 body shops have told me not to repaint the truck. the manager of the dealership that I bought it from said that repainting it will make it lose more value than if i leave it alone. I think that since the paint has caused my truck to lose about 4000 dollars in value, and I got estimates for 2800 and 4000, that i should get the average of all of the estimates, which is 3600.

>>As far as it losing value, that thing started losing value before the ink dried on the deal you signed.

as for that, yes it is true, but so far it lost 1650 dollars since i drove it off the lot then another 4000 because of someones ignorance.

I am assuming that the guy who did it will b e the one paying for it? I garentee you that if you said insurance was paying for it, they would be singing a different song. :hihi:

Anyway, All I know is when I worked at a GM dealer, they used to repaint cars all the time, new and used, with both severe hail and acid rain damage, and they didnt lose as much value as what they are saying. You also couldnt tell at all that they had been painted again. At the time GM was using PPG single stage paint, and so was the bodyshop at my dealer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom