whatever happened to Domefield advantage? (1 Viewer)

Dome field advantage was suspended with Sean Payton for that year hiatus. Sean kinda returned but domefield advantage is still on a beach somewhere with a drink with an umbrella in it telling inconsistent play to fill in for him. Leaving us with thoughts of how great things were a few years back and thoughts of maybe it will return.

We lost it after the 2012 playoff loss to San Fran. This team hasn't been the same since.

Just being honest here...............:idunno:

Try paying the cost of what it takes to take a family of four to a game and then you are presented with the product that is paraded on the field and there's your answer!!

It has nothing to do with the fans, it's what's on the field!!

3 of the past 4 seasons have been losing ones. Not counting this one. The only reason why they were not as awful and won ~some~ games in those 3 bad seasons was the HOF QB play.

But I've said this for years, Drew has shouldered the mediocre defense for years. In the past 10 seasons there have only been 2 that have been good (one wasn't really that good but got a massive amount of turnovers) the rest of those 8 were garbage, mediocre defenses.

It is an embarrassment how they as wasting the years of this HOF QB, the likes that I doubt any of us will ever see play for the saints again.

If the saints had even a 20th ranked defense they'd probably be in the playoffs every year for the past decade.

Bad teams have a tendency to wreck dome field advantage like that. There's only so much the fans can do out there.

It'll be back when we're actually good again, whenever that is.. Hopefully before Brees retires.

3 of the past 4 seasons have been losing ones. Not counting this one. The only reason why they were not as awful and won ~some~ games in those 3 bad seasons was the HOF QB play.

But I've said this for years, Drew has shouldered the mediocre defense for years. In the past 10 seasons there have only been 2 that have been good (one wasn't really that good but got a massive amount of turnovers) the rest of those 8 were garbage, mediocre defenses.

It is an embarrassment how they as wasting the years of this HOF QB, the likes that I doubt any of us will ever see play for the saints again.

If the saints had even a 20th ranked defense they'd probably be in the playoffs every year for the past decade.
I totally get this line of thinking. I don't necessarily disagree. But I'll say that I think part of our offensive success is definitely due to Payton. Brees may have had success with another team with better defenses. But he also may not have become HOF caliber.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Should mention I think another issue lately, regarding why we're better on the road the last couple years, is indoors is "perfect conditions" for an offence to wreck havoc. Our D performs better outdoors for that reason, it helps mask their deficiencies more. Hence the better road record

We went 8-0 in the dome after bountygate in 2013. Our defense is the main reason that we're not very good at home. For some reason our defense plays their better games on the road, while their worst games are at home.

could be because the opposing offense is on the field and the crowd usually is quiet. The defense is able to make adjustments and the players can hear the adjustments. Hard to do at home when the crowd is loud. A team that has talent and has played together for a while can make up for the noise by using hand signals and everyone being on the same page.

could be because the opposing offense is on the field and the crowd usually is quiet. The defense is able to make adjustments and the players can hear the adjustments. Hard to do at home when the crowd is loud. A team that has talent and has played together for a while can make up for the noise by using hand signals and everyone being on the same page.

As odd as that sounds, I was thinking the same thing the other day. With the amount of missed assignments, at home, the crowd noise could be a contributing factor along with the inexperience going hand-in-hand.

we suck and people dont have time to sit each home game watching a team stinking it up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom