Poll When does Michael Thomas return? (1 Viewer)

When does Michael Thomas return?

• Total voters
Well I’d say the difference is that I didn’t say the words “he’ll probably never suit up again.” Not being surprised by something and saying something is probable are not synonymous phrases.

For example: it doesn’t surprise me when I see him on the injury list every week.

That does not mean I’m saying he will probably be injured every week.

English is tough, huh?

Thank you so much for the English lesson 🙏

We both know what you were implying, that it's more likely that we never see him suit up again. Because you then doubled down and listed the reasons that it's "not crazy to think he may be done."

Why would you double down and defend your statement a few posts later (unprovoked might I add) if you weren't suggesting that it was probable?

This is absurd. You said what you said, own it.

I remember when some of you Saints diehard fans were calling him the greatest Saints receiver ever. He might not even be top 5 at this point.

Was Landry on the sideline as well?

Still kind of weird, when he can jump up and down on the sideline(on the ankle), but can participate in any practice!

I remember when some of you Saints diehard fans were calling him the greatest Saints receiver ever. He might not even be top 5 at this point.
He was on a NFL HOF trajectory, but now, he might be lowering those expectations to the Saints HOF in River Town.

Saw a doctor say that if its a grade 2 turf toe, its 6 weeks. Believed a week 10 return with 2 weeks of some lingering effects after playing.

Well I’d say the difference is that I didn’t say the words “he’ll probably never suit up again.” Not being surprised by something and saying something is probable are not synonymous phrases.

For example: it doesn’t surprise me when I see him on the injury list every week.

That does not mean I’m saying he will probably be injured every week.

English is tough, huh?

The two statements are not exactly the same, but similar enough that it seems you're right.

English is tough I suppose because when one is openly stating they're not going to be surprised by something it means they believe whatever they won't be surprised by is, in their opinion, likely or at least reasonably likely to come to pass.

I don’t know how the person who cringed this statement can not only disagree, but disagree to the point where he believes a completely reasonable take is cringeworthy? People’s brains are broke.
My broke brain and I stand by the cringe. I guess we’ll know soon enough if the severely aged and infirmed MT is truly done.

My broke brain and I stand by the cringe. I guess we’ll know soon enough if the severely aged and infirmed MT is truly done.
Admire your loyalty to the cause, but at some point things just are what they are and not what we hope they are. It took me half a century almost to learn this, in spite of me stubbornly insisting it was different for the majority of that time.

Saw a doctor say that if its a grade 2 turf toe, its 6 weeks. Believed a week 10 return with 2 weeks of some lingering effects after playing.
So the doctor you know… knows more than the Saints medical staff, thus the Saints did not opt to IR Thomas for 4 weeks and explore adding another player in his absence? 🤔

Meanwhile, Kirk Merritt is re-evaluating his career… Kevin White got the call before him… seems football might not be in the cards.

He’s starting to get a real “Sterling Sharpe” vibe for me… Great player, largely forgotten, but those who know, “know”.

Hope I’m wrong… sincerely
Sharpe was elite and had a bit more of a dramatic injury (upper neck vertebra, IIRC) than MT. But indeed, I think he’s damaged goods at this point. Shame, really.

Sharpe was elite and had a bit more of a dramatic injury (upper neck vertebra, IIRC) than MT. But indeed, I think he’s damaged goods at this point. Shame, really.
Yeah Sharpe broke neck vertebrae and had to have a skull/vertebrae fusion. Playing was never an option after that.

And yeah Can’t Play Mike is at a crossroads right now

So the doctor you know… knows more than the Saints medical staff, thus the Saints did not opt to IR Thomas for 4 weeks and explore adding another player in his absence? 🤔

Meanwhile, Kirk Merritt is re-evaluating his career… Kevin White got the call before him… seems football might not be in the cards.
Obviously you don’t know anything about what the Saints are planning on doing with Kirk. But just wait and see!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom