Where does Demario Davis rank among Saints linebackers? (1 Viewer)

I would put him at #5 right now. All four of The Dome Patrol are in the top four. Those guys were unreal. DD is very impressive and could crack the top four very soon.
Once he gets his mirror, Kwon Alexander back FULL? We're gonna ROCK even harder! Onyemata back? Fugitaboutit! One of the League Elite Squads in all of NFL! Back end was GREAT through all of the chippiness! Won't back down! Great Defensive WIN for US last night!

I would say it is not fair to compare to dome patrol because rules were different back then, you decimate a wr trying to catch a ball over the middle. He is definitely the best since the dome patrol. Vilma was special but we didn't get him until later in his career. I couldn't get over him pushing the center into the rb for tfl last night. La'Roi Glover was the last Saint I can remember with that much power.

Jackson
Mills / Davis
Swilling
Johnson
Vilma
etc

Honestly, I think you could possibly make the argument for being #2 behind only Jackson just due to the different nature of the game today. He has to play both the run and the pass, and while there was passing back in the Dome Patrol days, every team didn't have a RB or TE that they featured in the passing game. And definitely not taking anything away from Sam, but I don't think his responsibilities were what Davis' are today. And Davis does both well in an era where it's demanded of the position.

Last edited:
Jackson
Mills / Davis
Swilling
Johnson
Vilma
etc

Honestly, I think you could possibly make the argument for being #2 behind only Jackson just due to the different nature of the game today. He has to play both the run and the pass, and while there was passing back in the Dome Patrol days, every team didn't have an opposing RB or TE that they featured in the passing game. And definitely not taking anything away from Sam, but I don't think his responsibilities were what Davis' are today. And Davis does both well in an era where it's demanded of the position.
Blasphemy! Lol

I'm not sure I would put him above Vilma but somewhere after Ricky and Mills.

I know Vaughn Johnson always gets a quick mention in the LB conversations but he really doesn't get enough credit. He was an absolute beast and could thump you with the best of them. He was over shadowed by the other three because he didn't make the highlight reels but he was a major force and he was feared throughout the League.

And to think if we would have had, at least, an Above Average Offense during the Dome Patrol days. We would have had at least a few playoff appearances, Wins and maybe at least to the NFC Championship. JMO.

AP

I know Vaughn Johnson always gets a quick mention in the LB conversations but he really doesn't get enough credit. He was an absolute beast and could thump you with the best of them. He was over shadowed by the other three because he didn't make the highlight reels but he was a major force and he was feared throughout the League.
I thought i remember when the NFL did the top ten show, when they did the Line backing core, Roger Craig said the first time Vaughn Johnson hit him, he went back to the huddle and told the Oline, Don't ever let that guy hit me again...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom