Which rapper is most "New Orleans." (1 Viewer)

Which rapper is most "New Orleans?"

• Juvenile

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Mystikal

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Lil Wayne

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Soulja Slim

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • B.G.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Master P

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • C Murder

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wbbigtymer

Whodie I'm a Saints fan
Reaction score
Whether you like rap or not, which of these rappers do you associate most with their home city?

Mystikal (currently in jail (Elayn Hunt); not active since 2004)
Juvenile (Currently lives in Slidell, still active)
B.G. (Currently lives in Detroit(?); still active)
Lil Wayne (Currently lives in Miami(?); still active
Soulja Slim (Died in 2003 by gunfire in front of his Gentilly house)
Master P (Currently lives in L.A.; basically retired from rap)
C Murder (Currently under house arrest in Jefferson/Orleans parishes awaiting retrial; still active)

B.G. aka B. Gizzle. <i>Life After Cash Money</i> is one of my favorite albums and most everything else he's put out is amazing.

Waaaaaaa

It's gotta be Juvenile. He always has represented N.O. well. Lil Wayne is in Miami now, no matter what he may say from time to time, he resides in MIA. And no, I don't like it at all.

-lil wayne reps the hornets big time....i think he is the most popular, but he shoots a lot of his videos in new york. He was living in miami while dating trina but i think they are not together anymore?

-BG is and always will be the heart of the streetz, aka the heart of new orleans. Show me one song where he doesnt at least say new orleans or uptown, i bet you cant find it....my favorite rapper

-master p, well he is pretty much done with
- mystikal, see master p
- cmurder - see master p
- Juve, he is #2 behind BG, but infront of Lil wayne. he reps new orleans big time. But i put him behind BG because bg doesnt have as many radio plays and videos to rep new orleans that juve does.

R.I.P. James "Soulja Slim" Tapp

Whether you like rap or not, which of these rappers do you associate most with their home city?

Mystikal (currently in jail (Elayn Hunt); not active since 2004)
Juvenile (Currently lives in Slidell, still active)
B.G. (Currently lives in Detroit(?); still active)
Lil Wayne (Currently lives in Miami(?); still active
Soulja Slim (Died in 2003 by gunfire in front of his Gentilly house)
Master P (Currently lives in L.A.; basically retired from rap)
C Murder (Currently under house arrest in Jefferson/Orleans parishes awaiting retrial; still active)

Wouldn't house arrest in New Orleans awaiting a murder trial make it a slam dunk. It is rap for pete's sake

OK, re-thinking here. Soulja died in Gentilly. that might trump awaiting trial

I voted Lil Wayne(because he is me favorite rapper) but I would say Juvie. I don't like B.G. that much because he tries to make being "real" more important than being a good rapper. Meh

Lil Wayne may live in Miami but if you've ever listened to the words in his songs, they are all about New Orleans.

Maybe his upstream (commercial/radio) songs aren't as much but his Underground songs are filled with NO love.

thats a good point, but its also one of my biggest problems with lil wayne. for his studio albums he pushes new york and that area, but his mixtapes is nothing but n.o. love. he needs to make up his mind

thats a good point, but its also one of my biggest problems with lil wayne. for his studio albums he pushes new york and that area, but his mixtapes is nothing but n.o. love. he needs to make up his mind

Yeah, I live in Miami, and the dude can be heard on the radio constantly hyping up south beach and collaborating with artists around here. Same with Baby. It's all double talk to me. I like Wayne as a rapper, he is one of my favourites. But, I don't care how many times he says Holly Grove on an album, if he isn't representing it in real life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom