Question Which Teams Do You Prefer To Win This Week? (Edit: Week 3) (14 Viewers)

Reaction score
Curious to see what you all think regarding games played each week early in the season. Make no mistake. This thread is not to be confused with the "Know Who To Pull For" thread. @Bill has been doing a great job carrying on with that thread since the "dotless one" took a leave of absence. Both guys have put a lot of work into that thread each week over the years with some very thoughtful input with a few nuggets of contemplation engrossment. It's one of my favorite threads each year during the season. That thread doesn't usually get rolled out until it is evident which teams are in contention to have an impact of the Saints chances to make the playoffs or not. There has been contention that until then it doesn't matter as much which teams win or lose in the early part of the season. I don't personally agree with that theory as I think in some way or form all games matter, as what sets the tone early in the season has an impact on what is relevant down the stretch. Anyway, until that thread appears, we can share thoughts on what teams we all would prefer to win each week.

NFL Week 1

1. Ravens @ Chiefs -
AFC matchups typically have little impact on NFC playoff implications, but a slither of substance seen through a magnifying glass can be found if one is looking for it. I didn't particularly have a dog in the hunt on this one, but I think the outcome was best. The Saints don't play the Ravens this season, but they do play the Chiefs. If the Saints can beat the Chiefs in their Week 5 meeting it would not only go a long way towards their overall win/loss record, but it would also increase their strength of schedule winning percentage in any NFC tiebreakers that could become critical. Not likely but slightly possible.

2. Eagles vs. Packers - In Brazil. Both of these teams are on the Saints schedule this season. It's an NFC matchup that will leave one team with a loss to begin the season. If nothing else good comes from this game that's at least something good. Both of these teams most likely will by vying for a playoff spot at the end of the season. I would rather the Packers take the early loss in this one as the loss to them last year was the zinger of the Saints 2023 season.

3. Steelers @ Falcons - This one is a no-brainer for any Saints fan. Hopefully Wilson and/or Fields will have a week one twenty-twenty-four resurgence and exploit any weaknesses the Clowns have. Break out the Steel Curtain!

4. Cardinals @ Bills - This one is an interconference matchup. Another no-brainer. A Cardinals loss in week one may be just one of many in 2024 but it's best for them not to establish any confidence early. Going with the Bills!

5. Titans @ Bears - Another easy one for Saints fans to figure out. It's an interconference game. The Bears should be an improved team in 2024 having stockpiled high draft picks the past few years as well as drafting Caleb Williams #1 overall in this years draft. They've also added other pieces through trades and free agency. They should be an up-and-coming team. The Titans don't look to be a juggernaut. They need to win this one some way somehow. Just do it.

6. Patriots @ Bengals - Another AFC matchup that has little impact on what's to come in the NFC or on the Saints. The Saints play neither in 2024. CINCY could be fun again to watch in 2024. I'm for the Bengals in this one.

7. Texans @ Colts - Rinse and Repeat of number 6. Colts could surprise in 2024 with a healthy Richardson if he can stay that way the entire season. Both of these teams could be in playoff contention down the stretch. Toss up for me.

8. Jaguars @ Dolphins - Same or similar to #6 and #7 above. This should be an entertaining game. Hard not to see Dolphins offense not making plays. A healthy Achane back in the lineup could be a difference maker. Fish for me.

9. Vikings @ Giants - It's a hard no on the boys from Minny Soda. The G-Men may be the weak link in 2024 in the NFC East, but this would be a great way for them to start the year. Giants without a doubt in this one.

10. Raiders @ Chargers - This is an AFC matchup. The Saints play both of these teams this year. I'd rather the Raiders get the win in this one if for no other reason but to slow the Harbaugh roll. We get the Bolts early, LV late.

11. Broncos @ Seahawks - SP could do the Saints a favor in week one by taking down the Hags, an NFC team. Pretty simple.

12. Cowboys @ Browns - It could hardly be any sweeter than to see the Boyz knocked down in the season opener. A conference and week 2 opponent of the Saints. Watching Jerrah have a meltdown is like having desert. Brownies!

13. Commanders @ Buccaneers - This one is quite simple. A division foe of the Saints, the Bucs falling flat a home on opening day would be perfect medicine. The Commandos could be much improved in 2024. Show it in week 1.

14. Rams @ Lions - Two NFC playoff teams from 2023. A loss by either would be welcomed. I'd prefer DET to take this one as they remain the favorite to win their division. Saint have the Rams Week 13. Set the tone early. Lions!

15. Jets @ 49ers - An interconference game no-brainer. Another simple one for a Saints fan to understand. Let's see Rodgers fly 8 miles high in this one. Saints don't play either one in the regular season. J-E-T-S!!!

16. Panthers @ Saints - Saints All The Way! Hard to imagine a week one contest a must win game but for the Saints it may be just that, if for nothing else, setting the tone for the season. Make Dome Field Advantage Real! Who Dat!

Last edited:
Curious to see what you all think regarding games played each week early in the season. Make no mistake. This thread is not to be confused with the "Know Who To Pull For" thread. @Bill has been doing a great job carrying on with that thread since the "dotless one" took a leave of absence. Both guys have put a lot of work into that thread each week over the years with some very thoughtful input with a few nuggets of contemplation engrossment. It's one of my favorite threads each year during the season. That thread doesn't usually get rolled out until it is evident which teams are in contention to have an impact of the Saints chances to make the playoffs or not. There has been contention that until then it doesn't matter as much which teams win or lose in the early part of the season. I don't personally agree with that theory as I think in some way or form all games matter, as what sets the tone early in the season has an impact on what is relevant down the stretch. Anyway, until that thread appears, we can share thoughts on what teams we all would prefer to win each week.
Thanks for reminding the forum about the KWTPF series of posts. You are correct in saying that those writeups usually don’t begin until later in the season. While it is true that all the games matter throughout the season, the reasoning behind waiting until later in the season has more to do with learning which teams will become the real threats to the Saints chances of making the playoffs.

In the beginning it’s easier just to remind everyone that we should always pull for the Saints to win and all of our NFC South opponents to lose. But once the records begin to indicate who are the better teams, then we can be more decisive in making picks that will truly benefit the Saints in the long run.

Generally early in the season, emotions affect the choices/picks that fans make. But by mid season the Win/Loss numbers gives us some legitimate data for making our KWTPF selections.

Last edited:
I’d like the Niners to lose 37,000,000 times this week. And every week thereafter.

I’d then like the Rams Bucs and Falcons to lose.

Lastly, I’d like any and all AFC teams to win.

Week 2 Edition

Tonight's game kicks off week two of the 2024 season. Week one for Saints fans went pretty well. It's always a good week when the Saints win regardless of the outcome of the other games. The Saints didn't totally surprise anyone with a win in week 1 but they did surprise the masses in the manner that they won. Scoring the most points of any team in the league and the biggest point differential in the 47-10 beatdown of the Panthers was encouraging of what might be to come. And of course, it's always a bit spicier when coupled with a Falcons loss. There are several matchups this week that Saints fans will be watching with interest to see if teams across the league are trending in one direction or the other. 2 weeks into the season may not define a team for the season but it certainly will give a good idea of who is playing well or not in the early stages of it.

NFL Week 2

1. BUF @ MIA -
This is an AFC Thursday Night matchup that as of now has no bearing on the Saints who don't play either of these two teams this season. Pick 'em...BILLS!

2. LV @ BAL - Another AFC matchup. Saint don't play Ravens this season, but they do play the Raiders in week 17. No point in letting them gain any confidence. Ravens!

3. LAC @ CAR - Saints play both teams in back to back weeks 8 & 9. I have to go against the division team but don't really want to see the Bolts on a roll when Saint visit L.A.

4. TB @ DET - This is a no-brainer. Hopefully the Lions will romp and expose the weaknesses of the Bucs. This one could put the Saints in 1st place all alone in the NFCS.

5. IND @ GB - An interconference game. Both the Colts and the Packers played close games in week 1 losses. Saints visit Packers in week 16. Colts all the way in this one.

6. CLE @ JAX - Another AFC matchup. Saints host the Browns in week 11 and don't face the Jaguars this season. I say knock the wheels off the brownies early.

7. SF @ MIN - It looks like the 49ers picked up from where they left off last season. They'll be a playoff team. Best to have them whip the Vikings this week. Gold Rush!

8. SEA @ NE - The Saints play neither this season. The Patriots surprised in week 1. Let them continue to do it again in week 2 bumping off the Hawks in Foxboro.

9. NYJ @ TEN - Another AFC matchup. Saints play neither this season. Both teams looked flawed in their week 1 losses. Rodgers may have to carry the offense. I'll watch.

10. NYG @ WAS - NFC East matchup. Neither look primed for a playoff appearance though the Commandos have some talent. Best to let the G-men take this early one.

11. LAR @ ARZ - NFC West matchup. Both were week 1 losers. Rams looked much better. Saints host Rams in week 13. It's best that the Cardinals get a win in this one.

12. PIT @ DEN - An AFC matchup. Saints host the Broncos and SP in week 7. Hopefully the Steelers will expose every weakness to be found in the Broncos this week.

13. CIN @ KC - An AFC matchup. Saints travel to Arrowhead in week 5. A Bengal beatdown could expose some Chief weaknesses. I'll be rooting for the real Joe this week.

14. CHI @ HOU - An interconference game. Both teams won in week 1. The Bears will eventually become a formidable opponent. Now is not their time. Go Texans!

15. ATL @ PHI - Another no-brainer here. A game in which you hope both teams suck with the Clowns embracing it more. How sweet an 0-2 start for ATL will be. Fly Eagles.

16. NO @ DAL - A chance for the Saints to prove the week 1 beatdown of the lowly Kitties wasn't a mirage. Dare I say, even a respectable loss could be a positive. Who Dat!

Any thoughts on who and why you want different teams to win this week than those I have stated?

No arguments here. Maybe if it was later in the year and one NFC team was head and shoulders better than their NFC opponent we would want the underdog to knock out the team with the better record. But the records are still being made so we’ll just go with what you have here for now.

For a change a non-Saints game has my attention.
My niece had a baby early this morning. Her husband(Patrick) is the DB coach for the Cardinals. I hope his celebrations continue through the weekend!
(& the Rams can pound sand!)

2024 Week 3 Edition

NFL Week 3

1. NYJ@NE -
A Thursday night game between two AFC teams, neither of which the Saints play this season. No dog in the hunt for me. Maybe prefer to see NE rise up a bit.

2. NYG@CLE - Normally I would be for the AFC team. Saints play both, Brownies week 11 and G-men week 14. Midgets suck. Let them suck the life out of the Browns, imo.

3. CHI@IND - This one is easy for me. Saints play neither in 2024. Caleb Williams is playing like a rookie. No point in letting him or Bears gain any confidence. Go Colts!

4. HOU@MIN - An interconference matchup. A no brainer here. Hopefully the Texans continue their high-level play and kick the Yikings butts in a rout.

5. LAC@PIT - An AFC matchup. Saints travel to L.A. in week 8. Better to have the Steelers knock the snot out of the Harbaugh bunch in this one, imo. Expose them.

6. DEN@TB - Saints fans will be rooting for Sean Payton to get a big W in this one. Saints play both, Tampa twice. A lot of eyes in NOLA will be on this one. Buck 'em Broncos!

7. GB@TEN - An interconference matchup. Easy one here. Hopefully the Titans at home can knock off the Packers. Will Love Play? What you talkin' bout Willis? Go Titans!

8. CAR@LV - Saints face CAR again week 9, Raiders week 17. Pansies are a hot mess but it's still early. No point in having the Red Riffle letting bullets fly and gain confidence. LV!

9. MIA@SEA - Saints play neither. Hopefully the Fins can rally around the backup QBs and travel cross country and down the Hags. Dolphins all the way in this one!

10. DET@ARZ - Saints play neither. An early toss up. Zona might be more than a one game wonder. Still, I'd prefer to see the Lions take another early season loss.

11. BAL@DAL - Both will be Jonesing for a win early in this one. It's an interconference matchup. It would be sweet to see the Boyz off to a 1-2 start with a tough row to hoe ahead.

12. SF@LAR - Saints host Lams week 13. While no Saints fan wants to see either of these teams win, I'd like to see the 9ers eek a W and have the Lams start their season 0-3.

13. KC@ATL - A beatdown of the Clowns at home after they were gifted their only win so far would be just what the Big Chief ordered. Let da Ma-Homie Bros. pad stats in a W.

14. JAX@BUF - An AFC matchup. The Saints play neither this season. I like the Bills but would rather them not start out any hotter than they have. Let Goldilocks Eat!

15. WAS@CIN - An interconference matchup. I like Joe and Jayden, both LSU Heisman Trophy Winners! I'll take Joe Cool over the rookie in this one. Bengals all the way!

16. PHI@NO - More than just a chance for the Saints to start out 3-0 for the first time since 2013. It's a head to head conference matchup that could have seeding implications.

WHO DAT!

Any thoughts on who and why you want different teams to win this week than those I have stated?

Last edited:
I’m really enjoying reading your take on the week’s games!
Keep up the good work! :9:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom