Poll Which was the worse look? (DA vs Smith) (1 Viewer)

Who looks worse in post game? DA or Arthur Smith?

• DA blaming players for the victory formation TD

Votes: 104 63.4%
  • Arthur Smith for yelling/crying about it

Votes: 38 23.2%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 22 13.4%

• Total voters
What does your deployment have to do with anything? I have 21 years service but you don’t see me begging for a thank you for my service.
Neither am I. Read better. I said those were the games I missed.

Neither am I. Read better. I said those were the games I missed.
And exactly what does that have to do with anything? Nobody cares how many games you’ve watched.

Smith was within his right to be mad but DA should have said something to the effect of "hey look.. the players wanted Jamaal to score a TD and that's what they did" and left it there.

Instead he went into the press conference and made it worse.
Erik McCoys answer was thoughtful and conveyed everything anyone needed to know about what happened. Maybe we should let him handle the post game pressers

I can't even begin to care about the TD itself but the cascading fails that followed it no doubt call for analysis, and mostly show neither DA nor Smith deserve to be coaching.

DA in particular failed the leadership test multiple times--three and arguably four times by my count.

1. He failed to maintain discipline on the team such that they felt like they could override the play call in a shameful manner.

2. He failed to discipline the players for doing so.

3. He failed by throwing the players under the bus rather than assuming the top level responsibility for their misbehavior. It revealed the deeper internal dysfunction of the team.

Again, the TD itself doesn't matter, but don't be shocked if we're in victory formation again and the opposing defense justifiably takes a cheap shot at one of our players because we now have a history of running up the score. Basically we've karmically gifted Atlanta a free shot at one of our players for a TD that meant nothing.

Absolutely, without a doubt, DA leading off the press conference by apologizing to the Falcons organization for the fake kneel and then throwing the players under the bus was much worse than Smith griping at DA about it post game.

Even if you think it was the wrong thing to do, buck stops at the HC and his job is to own what ever the heck is going on with his players. He could have publicly took it on the chin (and have likely gained some Saint fan converts in the process) and then handled it internally within the organization. Heck, coaches publicly taking blame for player screw-ups in post game press conferences is standard operating procedure. There were a hundred different ways he could have handled that, but the absolute worst was to openly blame the leader(s) in his locker room for it.

NSW…..

🦌 was shook. I never responded to any comment when 🦌 was called a beta, but my God, I have to agree 100%. Grow a pair and defend your team.

NSW…..

🦌 was shook. I never responded to any comment when 🦌 was called a beta, but my God, I have to agree 100%. Grow a pair and defend your team.

There is nothing right about the play. I don't care what McCoy says.
1st If the team wanted to get Williams a TD they should have convinced DA to do so.
2nd To run it from that formation is classless and petty.
3rd, I don't care who the HC is that's blatant disrespect to go against what the HC calls no matter what the reason.
4,If you want Williams to score so badly, change the play and run it from a normal formation.
5, Sure DA could have just said "I'm the HC and I take responsibility" but then again why should he ? They deserved to take the heat for it
6, And the biggest concern is that the players felt like they could do whatever they wanted no matter what DA said. That just goes to show that this team is undisciplined, and DA really has no control. Like AK said " Fear left the building when SP did "

NSW…..

I’m not a confrontational guy but if the other coach is walking up to me like that he’s not getting an “I understand” he’s getting a “if your dumb arse is with this team again next year your getting 50 on you”. Even if I didn’t call that play I’m saying I did because FTF.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom