Who else thinks we should rest our starters? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What are the chances Carolina is going to beat Atlanta in the Georgia Dome with the Falcons playing in playoff mode after a loss? I don't think its worth risking injury to the starting lineup especially Drew. We should heal up and prepare for a 4 game win streak. :idunno:

There is absolutely no way we go into this game not playing to win. Carolina may be a long shot to win, but the stakes are far too high to just assume Atlanta will win.

I agree the stakes are high, but i would be more in favor of playing our starters for a half depending on the Atl-Car score at halftime.

Even if Carolina is down 14 at half, it's still not certain they'll lose.

There's probably no situation short of a 21 point lead going in the 4th in the Atl-Car game that we rest starters.

I dont see the problem with Payton checking the score of Atl-Car at halftime, and if Atl has run them into the ground, we are the 5 seed win or lose. We wont have a bye week, so you might as well get as much rest as possible. 12 wins looks a lot better than 11 though, but thats simply cosmetic.

From what it is looking like if Carolina is getting pounded Payton will pull the troops off the battle field.

Even if Carolina is down 14 at half, it's still not certain they'll lose.

There's probably no situation short of a 21 point lead going in the 4th in the Atl-Car game that we rest starters.

I agree, you can't afford to give up too early. And then there is the thing about what SP says to the team pre-game: "Guys, this game is important. We are going to play to win...well, let's play the first two quarters to win -- but check back with me at halftime."

I don't know.

What were the chances last year the 2-12 Bucs would beat the 13-1 Saints in the Superdome? Any given sunday.

Wasn't Tampa the last game we played last year where we played starters for first half and were up like 2 scores and then we pulled them for second half and lost 21-17 or something? I think plays starters to win, minus the tweaked ankle PT, and then decide at halftime based on score whether to pull them or not!

well if the saints dont beat tampa it could come back to haunt them by letting them into the playoffs if packers and giants lose. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I think you play the starters no matter what. Some of them need work anyways. Come one Brees, lets have an INT free game :)

What are the chances Carolina is going to beat Atlanta in the Georgia Dome with the Falcons playing in playoff mode after a loss? I don't think its worth risking injury to the starting lineup especially Drew. We should heal up and prepare for a 4 game win streak. :idunno:

You're crazy-I'm glad you your only a fan. It's why they play the game-the favorite doesn't always win. What do you think the players reaction would be if they were to sit out and Carolina pulls the upset?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom