Who is going to win the QB 2 job? (1 Viewer)

Who is going to win the QB 2 job?

• Jake Haener

Votes: 92 40.0%
  • Kellen Mond

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Nathan Peterman

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Spencer Rattler

Votes: 125 54.3%

• Total voters
I think it’s Haeners job to lose. He learned how to be a qb2 from JW, and while the system is changing and will be new to everyone I do think seeing how a qb2 operates in the NFL and knowing what their role is week to week is invaluable.

I think you keep Rattler at QB3, and then Mond on the PS.

1. I don't want to see Haener or Rattler on the field this year. All I want either of them doing is taking this red shirt year to get comfortable in the system and build their confidence. That's it.

2. I'm rooting for Rattler to take the #2 spot. Every Saints fan should be rooting for that too. It is in the franchise's best interest to see rookies out perform known commodities.

1. I don't want to see Haener or Rattler on the field this year. All I want either of them doing is taking this red shirt year to get comfortable in the system and build their confidence. That's it.

2. I'm rooting for Rattler to take the #2 spot. Every Saints fan should be rooting for that too. It is in the franchise's best interest to see rookies out perform known commodities.
Who is a known commodity? Maybe DC somewhat but if you think Haener is a known commodity then you're way off

As long as we don’t have to trot JW out there when Carr gets inevitably wacked it’s a win.

That’s said. Since all things are equal with a new OC and system. Rattler will win the #2 and it won’t be close. Jake will be the inactive #3 guy on game days.

Also I think we have a legit future at the position because I think both have a good chance to develop and get better.

This is the first time I have felt good about the future at the position since Drew was in his prime.

I think it’s Haeners job to lose. He learned how to be a qb2 from JW, and while the system is changing and will be new to everyone I do think seeing how a qb2 operates in the NFL and knowing what their role is week to week is invaluable.

I think you keep Rattler at QB3, and then Mond on the PS.
New offense so Haener is starting from scratch just like Carr, but I think he and Rattler end up with the #2 and #3 QB job and the battle for the #2 job will be an ongoing battle throughout the season so no clear winner but they both make the team and keep learning and improving.

It would seem Haener has the upper hand due to it being his second year, but not so fast.

Haener missed a lot of last season due to PED’s and it’s a brand new offensive system, so it’s fair game between he and Rattler.

Mond and Peterman ain’t making the cut lol

I'd say Haener just because he has a year of experience under his belt, but Rattler could come in and show out, make all that moot...

Who is a known commodity? Maybe DC somewhat but if you think Haener is a known commodity then you're way off

He's a 2nd year player who looked pretty average in the preseason, couldn't win the backup job last year, and already has a suspension for PED use. This is known.

More is known about him than the rookie. On top of that, Haener is closer to free agency than Rattler. And Haener is almost 2 years older than Rattler.

If Rattler wins the competition, the Saints are in a better position long term. He's younger, more athletic, has a stronger arm, and the team holds his rights for longer. And while Haener could certainly have improved over the past year, we do know what he looks like in the pros versus Rattler. It's in the team's best interest if Rattler wins which is why I'm rooting for him to beat out Haener.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom