Who Is the Face of the Saints Organization? (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is meant as a serious question. Who is the public face of the Saints organization--the person who accepts responsibility at tough moments and who can be asked the tough questions about the direction of the team? There are only three possible choices: the head coach, the general manager, and the owner. Normally, it is the head coach--it certainly was Payton when he was head coach. Occasionally, if you have a strong general manager like Bill Polian, it may be the GM.

Is the face of the Saints organization Dennis Allen, who doesn't always inspire confidence in his public appearances and whom many fans would like to see discharged?

The old-hand and Allen's boss is the general manager, Mickey Loomis. But Loomis rarely makes a public appearance where he can be questioned by local reporters, and on the one or two occasions when he does answer the questions of the local media (usually at the Senior Bowl he appears), he rarely says anything of substance. I know he has a radio show or appears on WWL radio, but listeners cannot call, and the interviews are carefully conducted by someone the Saints have approved. I have heard him on Sirius radio in interviews, but again the questions are less than challenging.

It’s still Payton and Brees.
Much like Walsh and Montana are still the face of the Niners, Landry and Staubach to the Cowboys, and Knoll and Bradshaw to the Steelers.
They have that much of an impact on the fr.

I will make my selection. It has to be Dennis Allen by default because Loomis rarely appears in public. Note I asked who was the face of the organization, rather than the face of the team. There is a difference. No player on this roster is guaranteed to be on team three years from now or even next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom