who won MVP? (1 Viewer)

GoldenWarrior

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but going by the stats its a defensive guy?

It was a team effort, noone really stood out. Give it to the leader....

Bob Sanders deserved it, but there was no way anyone but Manning was going to win it. It makes for too good of a story not to give it to Manning.

lol really he is the face of the NFL I guess but his stats didn't warrant it, but congrats to him.

Stats don't win Super Bowl games. If you check the stats of many qbs who has ever led a team to a SB victory, you will find they were average. Joe Namath in his guarantee: average stats. Quarterbacking is all about game management; that is what wins games, big or otherwise. And Peyton is the MASTER. at game management.

By the way, all you New Orleanians! Aren't you proud -- very proud -- that a guy as nice and great as Peyton Manning is a New Orleanian? I am.

Also proud of Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai, who though not from Louisiana, starred at LSU.

No one truly stood out. It was really a team effort. In a situation like that, the award usually goes to the QB.

One person who played really well, IMHO, was Bob Sanders. It seemed like every time there was a big defensive play, he was involved. His stats don't really show how well he played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom