who won MVP? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Saturday deserves the MVP! He did a great job at opening holes for both Addai and Rhodes. After seeing Krutz and Grossman fumble 3 or 4 snaps, Saturday deserves tremendous credit for handling the wet ball properly. He ancors the line that protects Manning and gives him time to make plays. Of course the NFL would never give the MVP to an O-lineman, but Saturday did an outstanding job last night.

Also proud of Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai, who though not from Louisiana, starred at LSU.

haha...I read this wrong at first, attributing the quip about Addai to also apply to Wayne and was about to quote wikipedia to you. :covri:

:D

A lot of Colts played well. But to me, and I know a lot of people feel this way.....if there's not a clear-cut choice for MVP (both Rhodes and Addai played well, but each really only played a half), it'll defaults to the QB. So, that being said, MVP = Grossman.

Stats don't win Super Bowl games. If you check the stats of many qbs who has ever led a team to a SB victory, you will find they were average. Joe Namath in his guarantee: average stats. Quarterbacking is all about game management; that is what wins games, big or otherwise. And Peyton is the MASTER. at game management.

tell that to Deon Branch.

Bob Sanders easily should have won. Not a knock to Peyton, but Sanders is to the defense what Peyton is to the offense.

And some scouts were worried he was too short.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom