Who would you rather draft... (1 Viewer)

Draft Picks

• Keith Rivers

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Kenny Phillips

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Sedrick Ellis

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 12 12.5%

• Total voters
Ellis is tempting but i'm sticking with my assessment that

When it comes to a playmaker S>DT>LB

The love for Kenny Phillips on this board is insane. Kenny Phillips is not that talented and certainly not a leader. Look at that program, there's no sense of leadership anywhere, just a bunch of selfish players. Their own high school recruits called them out. 18 year olds called out a major D-1 program. The Saints would be wise to stay away from anyone in that program right now.

If those are the options, the pick should be up in half a second. It's Sedrick Ellis. He's the game-changer. Rivers, while physically talented has alot of Mark Fields to him IMO. Good player, but not a big playmaker. Ellis is the playmaker for USC's D, but even he doesn't come without any reservations. Their coaches have apparently told announcers that Cushing is their best D player. There is so much talent on USC's D and they're not dominant. So somewhere, maybe everywhere, they are simply overrated. From what I've seen of Ellis though, I like.

of those 3, ellis because i beleive he's the most talented player. we need a safety (and a linebacker really) much more than a dt, so i wouldn't be upset with phillips either. i'd rather larinaitis or conner to rivers though.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Ellis--he will help Grant, Smith, and Thomas. The secondary can afford a few mishaps with a great D-Line. Ellis made that USC defense go.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ellis!!! We can get a impact LB's in later rounds. We can get serviceable S also later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom