Who would you rather. (1 Viewer)

tophergillock

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
There has been a few threads about Reggie Bush (great for the team; overrated that sort of thing). I am actually a fan and would love to see him back, but if he wants a nicde contract would you rather:

Bush back with good contract or one of these possibly for the same price

Mathias Kiwanuka, NYG – The Giants love having a deep, talented defensive line, so it would be odd to see them let Kiwanuka go. Even though he notched just 3 sacks last season while starting 6 games, Kiwanuka’s flexibility as a pass rusher from end and tackle allow the Giants to get creative in getting after the passer with just a defensive line.

Ray Edwards, MIN - Edwards made a name for himself with a 3-sack game against Dallas in the Divisional Round, but that was simply an exclamation point of a terrific season.

Tamba Hali, KC – It took some time for Hali to make the conversion to outside linebacker, but after making the successful transition, it seems that Tamba Hali is due for another contract in Kansas City. He’s still a long reach from being an elite player, but he’s consistent with still some upside.

Just wondering what you guys thoughts are; do we need Bush on offense more than a good pass rushing DE.

I'm going to go with the only evidence I have to evaluate a players relative worth to any team.

Bush on offense at his current salary and level of play (total contribution) = SB champs

All other players not on the current roster at any price = not SB champs

That is not the best way to evaluate talent. Pats every year get rid of guys and bring new ones in and they have three superbowl rings and maybe a forth this year to show for it. (I hate admitting that ughhh the pats...any way) The question is a simple one, we have won with and without reggie...do we need him more than a pass rushing DE?

My answer is

If GW stays we need a DE for him to use

If not Reggie can help us outscore other teams

That is not the best way to evaluate talent. Pats every year get rid of guys and bring new ones in and they have three superbowl rings and maybe a forth this year to show for it. (I hate admitting that ughhh the pats...any way) The question is a simple one, we have won with and without reggie...do we need him more than a pass rushing DE?

My answer is

If GW stays we need a DE for him to use

If not Reggie can help us outscore other teams

You'd have a better case if the Saint's were not in a position to win a second SB in the same year the Pat's are poised to win a 4th. Since that is the case and talent is evaluated by coaches and front offices who have a stake in success I'm sticking with what has worked for the Saints. Reggie stays.

Besides we do have a draft to look forward to and the 32nd pick.

Randy Moss
Draft a kick returner
Defense thru the draft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom