Whole Foods Market (1 Viewer)

>>3 weeks or so is a while?!? When I say I haven't been to Whole Foods in a while, I mean months!

I stopped there with my daughter for a dinner snack before the Jefferson Parish pilot dance program competition (Tango, Salsa, Waltz, Foxtrot, Swing and Merringe' {sp?} that my daughter was in (Tango). I had some shrimp tempura sushi and a Promised Land 2% midnight chocolate milk.

I ended up getting interviewed by Karen Boudrie (former of Fox 8) for the program that will be on at 8pm on Thursday night. :hihi: I wasn't prepared for the interview :covri:

The whole program was based off of a New York City arts initiative they tried there. Sociologists charted ridiculous benefits from the dance program. And even if they didn't have benefits, it's kinda nice to hang out with the program's founder, Natalie Gomez, world champion Swing dancer.

:rock:

TangoPS

They need to bring back the Halibut promotion. I lub me some halibut.

And if you've never had a 28-day aged ribeye, well, you should try one.

They also have frozen entrees from all over the world. So if you like a certain Indian, Thai, Greek dish but don't want to go to the local restaurant, it's an awesome pickup.

>>3 weeks or so is a while?!? When I say I haven't been to Whole Foods in a while, I mean months!

I stopped there with my daughter for a dinner snack before the Jefferson Parish pilot dance program competition (Tango, Salsa, Waltz, Foxtrot, Swing and Merringe' {sp?} that my daughter was in (Tango). I had some shrimp tempura sushi and a Promised Land 2% midnight chocolate milk.

I ended up getting interviewed by Karen Boudrie (former of Fox 8) for the program that will be on at 8pm on Thursday night. :hihi: I wasn't prepared for the interview :covri:

The whole program was based off of a New York City arts initiative they tried there. Sociologists charted ridiculous benefits from the dance program. And even if they didn't have benefits, it's kinda nice to hang out with the program's founder, Natalie Gomez, world champion Swing dancer.

TangoPS

Isn't is past your bedtime?

TheoldPeopleStayinguplatethesedays

I am surprised that no one mentioned the only reason for anyone to like WF, which is they have a fantastic selection of beer. Other than that, they are horrible. I used to work at a produce department at Winn-Dixie and our produce was bought from many local farmers. And most grocers I know buy local because it's cost effective. WF says they are the only ones who do this and they are a better company because buy produce from them is giving back to the community which is just bull. Also, I have read online(how reliable this is I have no idea) but so said the restrictions that are placed on produce that is classified as organic are so tight that there are only a few farms that can produce and make a profit from growing organic produce, most of these are said to be in California. If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me. I'll stick with Albertsons.

In Austin, where I live, we have the original Central Market and Whole Foods. The original Central was way better then the original WF, until WF built an entire new flagship store across the street from it's old location. The new WF is really cool, and is worth going to just to see all the different ready to eat foods they offer at that one. It's like a high end a la carte buffet.

Now i think they are both about even. Either place in Austin is worth going to if you are looking for some unique item, if not, HEB still rules supreme.

HEB still rules supreme.

I go to walmart for most things, including packaged foods, since it's easier to go ONE place with the kids where I can get gardening things, home repair items, etc, as well as groceries. But for produce and meats, HEB rules, without the hefty price tag.

Whole Foods really is great, but it's just so damned expensive. Still, I go there for stuff I can't find anywhere else - lychees, passion fruit juice, Abita beer, crawfish - stuff regular grocery stores in NC do not have, usually.

>>I am surprised that no one mentioned the only reason for anyone to like WF, which is they have a fantastic selection of beer. Other than that, they are horrible.

Not the one on Veterans bra. It's far from horrible. There's nothing bad there except the smell of parmesan and asiago cheeses (sp/sp??).

>>Central Market > Whole Foods...

You guys said Central Market was WF hopped up on steroids. I've been to the main one in Austin (along the service road double highway thing), and it is definitely an awesome store. But it's not > WF Vets by any stretch. In fact, it's smaller (their fresh juices are better). And it's hard to get around those aisles. You'd think you were in a Walmart for skinny people trying to get around in there.

TPS

>>Central Market > Whole Foods...

You guys said Central Market was WF hopped up on steroids. I've been to the main one in Austin (along the service road double highway thing), and it is definitely an awesome store. But it's not > WF Vets by any stretch. In fact, it's smaller (their fresh juices are better). And it's hard to get around those aisles. You'd think you were in a Walmart for skinny people trying to get around in there.

TPS

That's not true of all Central Market stores. The one I go to is not like that at all in terms of size and accessibility. Actually, what you describe sounds like the Whole Foods I've been too up here.

Parmesean cheese permeates my apt almost daily. Mmmmm. Good stuff. Why don't you like it? I can smell it right now.

>>Parmesean cheese permeates my apt almost daily. Mmmmm. Good stuff. Why don't you like it? I can smell it right now.

I'm assuming it's some kind of freudian oral stage problems. I don't like to eat anything that I don't like the smell of ( :covri: ). For instance, I hated the smell of seafood, so I refused to try it until I was drunk in college. Then I loved it. But some of these cheeses just smell like vomit with assorted extras (depending on whether they are swiss, munster, limberger, parmesan, etc.).

:shrug:

TPS

I like Albertson's and usually go there because it's near my apt. I don't even know if Lafayette has a Whole Foods which sucks because it sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom