why do we need a TE?? (1 Viewer)

TE's dont have to catch passes in the Super Bowl but having an elite one will help you get to the big game. Gonzo will be expensive and we are doing pretty good without an elite receiving TE. We have other needs such as defense and WR. Payton knows what we need so we just have to wait until then.

Although I think Tony Gonzales would be a great addition... I don't think we should dump that much money into a TE. Yes he's proven... yes he's a BEAST... but I'd rather spend that money on righting the defense. I'd either draft a TE, or go for a lower-priced FA (Daniel Graham or Eric Johnson) rather than giving Gonzales that type of coin.

But yes... a bonafied receiving threat at TE would put our offense over the top. We'd average 35 points per game... those FGs that we get now from not converting in the red zone would be TDs with a beast TE.

Would there be enough balls to go around if we got a big time receiving TE?

YES I do believe the more weapons you have such as including a great TE will increase the productivity of the offense. How could a def. coord. gameplan when you spread the ball to everyone on the offense. The more balls that go around the harder it is for a def. to be successful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom