Why does ESPN.com not cover College baseball? (1 Viewer)

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just not finding it, but I can never find anything on espn.com about college baseball. Makes it so difficult to keep up with scores and schedules, etc.

With all of the crap they cover I wonder why they give little to college baseball? :idunno:

Atleast there is: http://secsports.com/index.php?s=

Last edited:
Well, if you happen to catch the Top 10 plays on Sportscenter this morning, you'll find some Hotty Toddy and the walk-off 2 run HR by Michael Guerrero. At least it was a little love on ESPN for my Rebs

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=1169&fid=2623

CST has a game tracker for almost every game.

Tulane has free streaming radio for their games on 88.3 in New Orleans.

But yeah, they were showing High School Softball/Poker/Bowling on our sports channels rather than the SEC/CUSA/Sunbelt Tourney.

silly.

Espn sucks although I think they do cover every game in the CWS.

Yeah they do pick up coverage on TV during the CWS, but I think it's silly that they don't atleast have a page on their website.

I have seen the LSU walk off from Wed and the Walkoff last night on the Top 10 plays, but it still confuses me why they can't dedicate a little of the site to college baseball.

The only blurbs about baseball there are on the Daily Updates...which on Thursday's mentioned Ole Miss and Bama in 2 to 3 sentences. Still lacking...

It's always annoyed me that they don't get more coverage. I think it's mostly because they tried to air a few college baseball games on ESPN once upon a time and they failed miserably in the ratings.

Mods.. can you change the title to Why does ESPN.com NOT cover College baseball?

Not sure how I messed that one up.... it's Friday.

I hear talking heads say that the women's softball regionals and games get higher rankings than baseball games. Yes, there is some eye candy, but I'd much rather watch baseball instead of fast pitch softball games (man pig alert).

I hear talking heads say that the women's softball regionals and games get higher rankings than baseball games. Yes, there is some eye candy, but I'd much rather watch baseball instead of fast pitch softball games (man pig alert).

They need to take all of Jenny Fitch's games out of the ratings and then redo the numbers.

Talk about skewing the stats!

It's always annoyed me that they don't get more coverage. I think it's mostly because they tried to air a few college baseball games on ESPN once upon a time and they failed miserably in the ratings.

It cant have worse ratings than Worlds Strongest Man reruns and High School Cheerleading. They need to show college baseball all year long, not just talk about it when its getting close to CWS time.

It cant have worse ratings than Worlds Strongest Man reruns and High School Cheerleading. They need to show college baseball all year long, not just talk about it when its getting close to CWS time.

Good point. I can't think of anyone why anyone would take Strongest Man, Cheerleading, Softball, and Poker over College Baseball.

Probably because 75% of the good teams are from the Southeast / Soutwest with 24% of the other good teams coming from California. Midwest and Northeast are lousy at baseball for the most and those are major population centers.

I guess maybe their production crews are so busy getting ready for the next Spelling Bee in HD. :covri:

Seriously.. is HD really necessary? I don't want to see their acne in high def when they show the "highlights" on SC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom