Why don't QBs wear Visors? (1 Viewer)

I couldn't do it. I have headgear for sparring, one with a clear visor and one with just bars to protect the face. The visor slows my reaction times. It affects my hearing, vision, and makes me feel just a little claustrophobic. I don't know about all the laws with a dark visor but I guess it's just preference. I know some guys I spar love the visor so go figure.

I don't know if you've ever been 30 yards away from someone, running at full gait, and been able to see another persons eyes, let alone make out where they were looking, but I can tell you that I know I can't do it.

Brooks didn't wear one because he wanted the defenses to see him picking them apart with his eyes.

A low-key celebrity like Jim McMahon only asks for one thing from his fans and troops who want to get a picture with him – that he have time to put on his sunglasses first. An eye injury he suffered as a child has made him sensitive to the light, especially camera flashes. However, with keeping his glasses handy as well as a few pens, he’s more than happy to pose for a few photos, crack a few jokes and spend quality time with Soldiers.

http://elbmd.blogspot.com/2007_03_20_archive.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom