Why it's important to win at least two more games (1 Viewer)

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I can understand people wanting better draft position and all of that but to pull for losses just improve your slot just goes against what any player or coach should ever consider.

I know a lot (probably most) of people here don't remember what it was like just to pray for the miracle of a winning season. I started watching the Saints in 67 when I was 13 and didn't see a winning season till I 32. So yeah, to the old fogies, a winning season is still a big deal.

And don't forget that two of the best we've ever had were 2nd rd. picks. (RJ and MT). And so was Drew. So yeah, keep fighting for every win you can get. Who knows, maybe we can sneak in and make some noise.

I can understand people wanting better draft position and all of that but to pull for losses just improve your slot just goes against what any player or coach should ever consider.

I know a lot (probably most) of people here don't remember what it was like just to pray for the miracle of a winning season. I started watching the Saints in 67 when I was 13 and didn't see a winning season till I 32. So yeah, to the old fogies, a winning season is still a big deal.

And don't forget that two of the best we've ever had were 2nd rd. picks. (RJ and MT). And so was Drew. So yeah, keep fighting for every win you can get. Who knows, maybe we can sneak in and make some noise.
I don’t think we will sneak in, it will be more like marching in. Anyway let’s see how it all plays out.

Maintaining a winning culture is an easier sell to free agents. If the Saints can get to 9 wins under an avalanche of misfortune this season, I think that’s something players around the league can appreciate.

Stability at QB and just some better luck next season and this team probably isn’t as far from where they want to be as it has looked this year. It’s late December and this MASH unit is in the playoff hunt.

I have never been a fan of tanking for better position. Unless you knew for a fact that you were getting a Jerry Rice, Rickey Jackson, Joe Montana type of player, the draft is a hit or miss proposition. You just don't know.

2 more wins and they are pretty much in
Have you really taken a look at the teams in contention and their remaining schedules? Are you aware of how convoluted the tiebreakers are between the group of teams in contention?

If "yes" to all of the above, how do you see this playing out?

You win because it breeds winners. Lots of young guys on this team fighting through adversity and building confidence so when we get in a difficult situation or game in the playoffs or next year they know how to handle it. Why Sean has always put locker room guys at the top of his priority list and got rid of trouble.

We need to win out to make the playoffs. We need the Eagles and Vikings to lose one game. Eagles have the head to head and I think the Vikings have the better strength of schedule.

Maintaining a winning culture is an easier sell to free agents. If the Saints can get to 9 wins under an avalanche of misfortune this season, I think that’s something players around the league can appreciate.

Stability at QB and just some better luck next season and this team probably isn’t as far from where they want to be as it has looked this year. It’s late December and this MASH unit is in the playoff hunt.
Exactly. I would argue if we had a full season of Jameis and Michael Thomas (plus better injury luck elsewhere on O), this team could make a legitimate run at the SB.

Just wasn’t meant to be this season with those guys. But hopefully we can keep winning and still make it to the postseason somehow.

Have you really taken a look at the teams in contention and their remaining schedules? Are you aware of how convoluted the tiebreakers are between the group of teams in contention?

If "yes" to all of the above, how do you see this playing out?
I'm not even going to try to understand the possibilities at this point. It's too ******* convoluted. I do believe that the remaining games are winnable.

does anyone actually believe sp would "tank"... ever?

what color is the sky in your world?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom