Why it's important to win at least two more games (2 Viewers)

I can understand people wanting better draft position and all of that but to pull for losses just improve your slot just goes against what any player or coach should ever consider.

I know a lot (probably most) of people here don't remember what it was like just to pray for the miracle of a winning season. I started watching the Saints in 67 when I was 13 and didn't see a winning season till I 32. So yeah, to the old fogies, a winning season is still a big deal.

And don't forget that two of the best we've ever had were 2nd rd. picks. (RJ and MT). And so was Drew. So yeah, keep fighting for every win you can get. Who knows, maybe we can sneak in and make some noise.
Yeah, I was born in 78, but I can still remember as a young fan the stigma of "the only team to NEVER have a winning season" and "the only team to NEVER make the playoffs." I also remember WWLTV in New Orleans' "Bless You Boys"promo commercials at the start of the season. They had a song that featured the line "Could this be the year?" By "the year" they did not mean "the year we win the Super Bowl," they just meant "the year we win more games than we lose." I will never take a winning season for granted.

You know what would be funny? I mean, absolutely hilarious... if the Bucs lost out, and we won out and won the division outright. That'd be hilarious. Or that we keep the 7 seed, end up facing the Bucs in the first round, beat them, and then the Packers in the second round, beat them, and watch this wounded team in the NFCCG against, I don't know Dallas and beat them to go to the Super Bowl and with this all-world defense and atrocious offense win the SB with AK winning MVP.

It's the most ridiculous and outrageous scenario and is in no way shape or form happening but I would laugh until I was oxygen depleted and nearly passing out.

Have you really taken a look at the teams in contention and their remaining schedules? Are you aware of how convoluted the tiebreakers are between the group of teams in contention?

If "yes" to all of the above, how do you see this playing out?
have a go at the playoff machine, even picking basically no upsets they get in, if they win all three they can get 6th seed. its not that far fetched as long as they win

have a go at the playoff machine, even picking basically no upsets they get in, if they win all three they can get 6th seed. its not that far fetched as long as they win
I did that, which is why I asked. Seemed like there were several scenarios that we got left out if we lost another game, especially if it wasn't the Miami (AFC) game. Maybe they get in with two wins, but I would be sweating bullets in week 18.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom