Pelicans Why NOBODY wants Brandon Ingram 😳 (1 Viewer)

Nobody wants him at a max deal price and I think we all know that. FWIW, I love his game but it does not work for us, though I do appreciate his defensive effort last season.

This whole situation seems to have blown up in everyone's face. BI thinks he's worth more than he is, Pels FO don't want to pay his demands and explore trade options. Trade market isn't what FO thinks it is, not due to trade value necessarily, but contract value.

So now you have a team not wanting to pay a player max value and also no other teams willing to pay that value along with trade compensation. It's easy to say BI lost in this sitiation by pushing this but it doesn't feel that way.

It's starting to look more and more like BI is gonna play next season in contract year mode. Both he and the org knowing full well how they feel about the other.

Thread titles like this is why I don't bother posting much over here.

One more time

1. Nobody is looking for a max deal. But if BI and his team want 45, they aren't going to accept 40. Or even 43. They have no reason to move off their number at this moment. None of those numbers are MAX.

2. The straight up trade pool is further reduced because the Pelicans specifically need a center. Everybody knows this at this point. So now you're having to involve multiple teams in the trade. Most of whom are set with what they want at this point.

If BI were in the 3rd year of his deal and the pelicans weren't specifically in the center market, this would have been done weeks ago. I also do not believe Griff is going to trot out a small backcourt of CJ and Dejounte. So either CJ is also being traded or he's about to accept a bench role.

Last edited:
Thread titles like this is why I don't bother posting much over here.

One more time

1. Nobody is looking for a max deal. But if BI and his team want 45, they aren't going to accept 40. Or even 43. They have no reason to move off their number at this moment. None of those numbers are MAX.

2. The straight up trade pool is further reduced because the Pelicans specifically need a center. Everybody knows this at this point. So now you're having in involve multiple teams in the trade. Most of whom are set with what they want at this point.

If BI were in the 3rd year of his deal and the pelicans weren't specifically in the center market, this would have been done weeks ago. I also do not believe Griff is going to trot out a small backcourt of CJ and Dejounte. So either CJ is also being traded or he's about to accept a bench role.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 7.39.18 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 7.39.18 PM.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 18
small backcourt of CJ and Dejounte
I agree with much of what you post, but here we have to differ.

Dejounte is not really all that small for a PG. (6'5", 180)
Lilliard - 6'2" 195
Derrick White - 6'4" 190
Trae Young - 6'1" 164
Kyrie Irving - 6'2", 195
Ja Morant - 6'2", 174
Jamal Murray - 6'4", 215

and so on.

Granted, some are bigger:
Doncic - 6'7", 230
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - 6'6", 195
And more (tired of looking up stuff but bigger guys are out there).

The bottom line here is that Dejounte is not small. He is average to above average in size.

BTW, CJ is a little small for a shooting guard at 6'3", 190. But not terribly so.

All stats from espn.com.
PGs found here:

Last edited:
I agree with much of what you post, but here we have to differ.

Dejounte is not really all that small for a PG. (6'5", 180)
Lilliard - 6'2" 195
Derrick White - 6'4" 190
Trae Young - 6'1" 164
Kyrie Irving - 6'2", 195
Ja Morant - 6'2", 174
Jamal Murray - 6'4", 215

and so on.

Granted, some are bigger:
Doncic - 6'7", 230
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - 6'6", 195
And more (tired of looking up stuff but bigger guys are out there).

The bottom line here is that Dejounte is not small. He is average to above average in size.

BTW, CJ is a little small for a shooting guard at 6'3", 190. But not terribly so.

All stats from espn.com.
PGs found here:
Dejounte is 6'5", but he has a slight build. He can and does get pushed around. His defensive forte is off-ball steals. Jose is more stout than Dejounte as a contact defender. We all know how CJ is on defense. I truly cannot see Willie allowing his starting backcourt to be those 2. Also if BI doesn't get moved, now you're entertaining Herb coming off the bench. No way no how.

Also if BI doesn't get moved, now you're entertaining Herb coming off the bench. No way no how
Agreed. Herb will not be a bench player.

BTW, I looked at the box score for Hawk's stats:

6 of 21 from the field, 28.5%
2 of 8 threes, 25%

So, one game yada yada is true, but not a good look for this snapshot.

Last edited:
its not Woj or Shams but Marc Stein is very reliable and also says BI is looking for the max

“Ingram, with one All-Star appearance on his resume like [Lauri] Markkanen, has only one season left on his current contract and is said to be seeking a four-year contract extension worth nearly $210 million. The Pelicans have made it clear that they won’t go to those lengths to re-sign him and, while various teams have explored Ingram trades since the offseason began in earnest, no other team willing to sign the 26-year-old at those numbers has yet emerged.”

I don’t blame BI for wanting the max (who wouldn’t) but it’s not happening so it’s time for all the parties to say “now what?”

its not Woj or Shams but Marc Stein is very reliable and also says BI is looking for the max

“Ingram, with one All-Star appearance on his resume like [Lauri] Markkanen, has only one season left on his current contract and is said to be seeking a four-year contract extension worth nearly $210 million. The Pelicans have made it clear that they won’t go to those lengths to re-sign him and, while various teams have explored Ingram trades since the offseason began in earnest, no other team willing to sign the 26-year-old at those numbers has yet emerged.”

I don’t blame BI for wanting the max (who wouldn’t) but it’s not happening so it’s time for all the parties to say “now what?”

I've seen too many reports of BI asking for a 4 yr. $208 million deal that it's hard to imagine that there isn't some truth to it. Is it possible that the Pels leaked it? If all is as reported, and no one wants to pay what he is seeking, then my opinion is that the market has spoken and he's going to have to sit with his agent and lower his contract expectations.

I just don't want to see him play out his contract, sign elsewhere and the Pels get nothing.

I've seen too many reports of BI asking for a 4 yr. $208 million deal that it's hard to imagine that there isn't some truth to it. Is it possible that the Pels leaked it? If all is as reported, and no one wants to pay what he is seeking, then my opinion is that the market has spoken and he's going to have to sit with his agent and lower his contract expectations.

I just don't want to see him play out his contract, sign elsewhere and the Pels get nothing.

I would rather we not start the season with a potentially resentful player in the locker room. I'm not saying BI is that type of person, but I would like to avoid the possibility.

I would rather we not start the season with a potentially resentful player in the locker room. I'm not saying BI is that type of person, but I would like to avoid the possibility.
He would be really dumb to ne petty

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom