Why The Falcons Might Take Dorsey (1 Viewer)

In my heart, I fear that Mylanta will draft Dorsey and wait until the second round to take their QB. None of the QBs in this draft are worth the #3 spot and everyone knows it. Meanwhile, they can probably land Flacco, Chad Henne, or Colt Brennan in the 2nd easy.

colt brennan, in the second round? HAHAHAHHA

man, that would actually be a dream scenario if one of our rivals took that guy in the 2nd round.

Good job. Right now I do think they are targeting Dorsey. I would love this. DT is as big a need as QB on this team. From what I'm hearing, I think Dorsey is guy.:9:

It's all just interesting speculation. They have many holes, but the one that will be addressed with # 3 will be LT, DT or QB.

Breaking them down.

LT - generally has to be filled with a 1st or 2nd round pick. This is a deep OT class and they should be able to fill it in the second round.

DT - Dorsey & Ellis are definetly the big dogs, but each have question marks. Dorsey with his injury questions (over-hyped injuries, IMO) and Ellis (short arms). Nevertheless, these 2 guys will be successful and be playing in Hawaii eventually. There are some interesting 2nd tier guys though - Balmer, Laws, Bryant, Moore, Harrison. At least one of them will be there in the 3rd round.

QB - Ryan is the top guy. He did not play in post-season games or work in combine. Hasn't had pro day yet. Still, his early grades are comparable to those of Eli coming out. He has strong leadership skills and that can't be underestimated when talking about what Atlanta is desparately seeking.

Bottom line, if Ryan has a good pro day (and you would think he will, since he will be throwing to his own receivers and all his focus has been on preparing for it) then I think that he will be the pick for Atlanta.

The Falcons will most likely trade their pick with the Cowgirls for their two first to let Jerry Jones have his player.... Darren McFadden. I don't think these QB's coming in are worth high #1's.

It's all just interesting speculation. They have many holes, but the one that will be addressed with # 3 will be LT, DT or QB.

Breaking them down.

LT - generally has to be filled with a 1st or 2nd round pick. This is a deep OT class and they should be able to fill it in the second round.

DT - Dorsey & Ellis are definetly the big dogs, but each have question marks. Dorsey with his injury questions (over-hyped injuries, IMO) and Ellis (short arms). Nevertheless, these 2 guys will be successful and be playing in Hawaii eventually. There are some interesting 2nd tier guys though - Balmer, Laws, Bryant, Moore, Harrison. At least one of them will be there in the 3rd round.

QB - Ryan is the top guy. He did not play in post-season games or work in combine. Hasn't had pro day yet. Still, his early grades are comparable to those of Eli coming out. He has strong leadership skills and that can't be underestimated when talking about what Atlanta is desparately seeking.

Bottom line, if Ryan has a good pro day (and you would think he will, since he will be throwing to his own receivers and all his focus has been on preparing for it) then I think that he will be the pick for Atlanta.
I like Dorsey, Ryan, Long and Ellis. I would prefer Dorsey or Long, but I'd love any of them.

The Falcon's new GM, Dimitrov?, was interviewed on 680 AM and he spoke at length about Ryan and was very complementary. Said he had that Tom Brady-like focus and demeanor. Also Arthur Blank has said very positive things about Ryan in the past. High character, etc. So who knows? We can always hope they go QB.

And don't forget, next year's crop of QB prospects is supposed to be awful, according to the Draft gurus. So if you wait to draft QB, you might be waiting two years and who knows what will happen by then as far as needs.

The Falcon's new GM, Dimitrov?, was interviewed on 680 AM and he spoke at length about Ryan and was very complementary. Said he had that Tom Brady-like focus and demeanor. Also Arthur Blank has said very positive things about Ryan in the past. High character, etc. So who knows? We can always hope they go QB.

And don't forget, next year's crop of QB prospects is supposed to be awful, according to the Draft gurus. So if you wait to draft QB, you might be waiting two years and who knows what will happen by then as far as needs.

I'm with you on this one. For the Birds this year is more than filling needs. They have to save the image of the franchise and only a top rated QB will do. The FA market is pathetic but they could trade for a proven QB dangling D'Angelo. Quinn is not the answer and I don;t see other top NFL QB's being traded in this scenario.
I think Ryan's clean cut image and poster boy attitude will attract Blank after dealing with gangsters from the hood. The former is a world he understands and wishes to see his franchise led by. I would be extremely surprised if Atlanta had the chance but did not pick Ryan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom