Will Kubiak utilize Taysom Hill ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Assuming he’s still here next season of coarse.
Pete Carmichaels offensive approach was out of touch , and out of sync. Yet and still , he found effective ways to utilize Taysom Hill.

My question is now that Kubiak is here , where will his mind take him upon realizing what Taysom Hill can do ?

I don’t want to fan the flames of any quarterback controversy, because we clearly see DA and Mickey would sooner burn a fleur des lis on bourbon street than to admit any fault with Carr , rather I see a more complimentary approach to using them both.

I don’t think Derek Carr is enough for us to get to a Super Bowl - Alone , that is.

But with an updated , upgraded offense , Letting Carr be himself 20 to 20 , and letting Taysom be Taysom 20 to Touchdown , does that move the needle ?

I for one think that if we were able to make a run at hosting our own Super Bowl next year , we would have to make full use of him.

I can also see him in the “ Debo “ role as well.

Man of many talents

Will be interesting to see how much of the QB package we'll retain outside of short yardage and red zone vs skill player packages(deebo type) between the 20s.

A lot of you won’t agree, but of all the offensive players we have, Taysom was the only one who was able to realize close to his full potential under Carmichael. I think the production we got from him last season is pretty much what you should expect from a 34 year old guy going forward.

I’m more curious as to how we will utilize Olave and Alvin. Given the skill sets they have, they should be producing way more than they did under Pete. Olave had a lot of catches last season, but how many of those were catches where he had yac opportunity? He averaged 12.9 yards per catch last year. He should at least be a 15 yards per catch / 8 or more TD guy with his skillset.

Also, there is no way Kamara should average less than 4 yards per carry. He was the most underutilized player maybe in the entire NFL last season. He should be near the top of the league in total yards and touchdowns every year. I think instead of trying to find more creative ways to use an aging Taysom, we need to figure out how to get more from Olave and Kamara. Just my opinion.

I said it immediately upon word of the hire--but Taysom could be a super-charged version of SF fullback, Juice. He can lead block and move all over the formation--including lining up as the QB in the RZ. A dynamic coordinator should be drooling about the all the ways Taysom can impact a gameplan.

Could be be our version of Kyle juyschyk? He's only 5-10 lbs lighter?

I said it immediately upon word of the hire--but Taysom could be a super-charged version of SF fullback, Juice. He can lead block and move all over the formation--including lining up as the QB in the RZ. A dynamic coordinator should be drooling about the all the ways Taysom can impact a gameplan.
Can Taysom be a lead blocker like juyschyk though? I see similarities in how versatile they are. Taysom can block, but i don’t think i’ve ever seen him in a fullback role.

Can Taysom be a lead blocker like juyschyk though? I see similarities in how versatile they are. Taysom can block, but i don’t think i’ve ever seen him in a fullback role.
I mean he was a great gunner on STs, I don't think there's much on the field he can't do?
I certainly think he can lead block--NOT that I am advocating that he do that regularly--like Juszczyk...just that you have him from time-to-time to keep the looks mixed up. I think it would be a much more modified FB role, one that would make him semi-featured part of the offensive scheme. It would just sort of be his 'listed' position...put him in motion and get creative.

I remember SP putting an unknown Taysom Hill into a game on STs. Dude blocked a punt and that was the moment that I knew Taysom Hill could do anything on the football field.

Klint uses a lot of motion. I could see Taysom playing more of an H-back roll. Besides being a receiving threat, or a guy you could run a jet sweep with, I think Taysom in motion would be a blocking advantage to him when called on to support the running game.

I'm sure Taysom could be used in a FB role but do you really want him out there banging his head into defenders over and over? He's no spring chicken and he's no stranger to injures.

I like how Pete used Taysom. Just keep doing that but with motion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom