Would you take a guaranteed 12-4 right now? (1 Viewer)

Would you take the guaranteed 12-4?

• Total voters

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You can choose to take 12-4, a division championship, and a first round bye right now, or just let things play out? What would you do?

Let things play out.

Homefield will be big for us and 12-4 would be a disappointment at this point. It likely doesn't get you homefield with the Vikings at 6-0 either. If we win next week and go 6-0, that would mean we go 6-4 the rest of the way. I'd assume if that happened we'd of shown some weaknesses and lost to some good teams. Not the way I want to enter the playoffs.

Before this season started...yes...but at this point of the season...no.

I'm dancing to the Saints tune right now and want to see how far we can go. Who, this may be the one you tell your grand kids about.

We'd have to lose to at least 1 bad team to finish 12-4. No I won't take that, not with the way this team has looked.

I only see one team that can really hurt us and that is the Pats. And I believe we can beat them. Maybe split with the Falcons but I doubt it.

If we get home field advantage I would take it. We would get the Dome through the playoffs, no more injuries... but in current form I would say no to this poll.

Yes, if that guarantee includes no major injuries to key players. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Looking at the rest of the schedule and the way this team is playing... I'm hard pressed to find 4 losable games.

I think we have a shot at the top seed if Minnesota stumbles. Minnesota has a light finish, as do we, so who knows? I'm pretty sure that one of the Giants or Minnesota will finish at or above 12-4 - there are just too many garbage teams in the NFC this year for there not to be great records. Looking at our schedule I'd be utterly shocked if we don't get 11-5, and if we win the next two I'd bet my house on that or better at the end, so 12-4 isn't a high offer. 14-2 you might get me to conservatively bite, maybe. I see 7-4 down the stretch as a fair offer, but if you consider that winning 4 of 6 division games would be disappointing and taking less than 2 of the Redskins, Rams, Patriots, Cowboys would be disappointing, there's our 11 without even considering the Miami game.

Homefield advantage is important. Even though the other topped ranked teams, Minn and Atl also play in a dome, I don't want to play in someone else's house. With so many horrible teams this year, I can easily see Minn, Atl and NY having great records. We own the tiebreaker over the Giants and hopefully will win the division. Minn we don't control unless we win games. They are actually a 1/2 game ahead of us for homefield right now since they are 6-0 and we are 5-0. I can't justify taking 4 losses and hoping that Minn picks up 4 or 5 losses...esp. since they have none right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom