WR Antonio Brown officially retires, as a Raider lol (1 Viewer)

I don't live too far from some of his family. They are not bad people and do a lot in the community. I think whatever has motivated AB to act out like he has is deeper than we will ever know. Is it early onset CTE, a deep business gripe, or something else? We won't know just yet, but he wasted a lot of prime years, He coulda been more special than he was. Sad story.

Antonio Brown threw away millions. Elon Musk threw away billions. Luckily for Musk he was born rich. The comparison is fitting. It's just going to take a lot longer to see Musk unravel since he started with a giant lead on Brown in the go crazy, blow your wealth race.

A lot of people are born rich, few are the founders of $200B companies

A lot of people are born rich, few are the founders of $200B companies

A lot more people are born with athletic ability, few become all pro WRs. My point still stands. And while Brown's career is over limiting his opportunities to blow through money, Musk is still working hard to throw away more money.

Some of ya’ll are delusional regarding Musk. He’s one of, if not the most successful people in the world. It’s okay to disagree with his current political stances, but pretending he’s not brilliant and a pioneer in whatever industry he’s involved himself with is asinine. He’ll go down as the most influential entrepreneur in history with the most technological advancements of anyone. I don’t agree with all of his views, but that doesn’t change fact. I guess we all see things how we choose to see them though.

A lot more people are born with athletic ability, few become all pro WRs. My point still stands. And while Brown's career is over limiting his opportunities to blow through money, Musk is still working hard to throw away more money.

Brown just declared bankruptcy, Musk is #2 on Forbes new wealthiest people in the world list.

Your point is trash lol, if Brown was the 2nd best receiver or wealthiest player in the NFL then you’d potentially have a point, just not the one you’re trying to make.

Brown just declared bankruptcy, Musk is #2 on Forbes new wealthiest people in the world list.

Your point is trash lol, if Brown was the 2nd best receiver or wealthiest player in the NFL then you’d potentially have a point, just not the one you’re trying to make.

annnnnd he's lost billions and is positioned to lose billions more, but fanboy away. He's lost 31 Billion to lose the #1 spot. That's no small feat. You'd have to screw up astronomically to do that...dare I say, you'd have to reach Antonio Brown levels of lunacy to throw away 31 Billion dollars. Y'all can't appreciate the scope of just of clownish a number that is. On second thought, I'm changing my stance. Antonio Brown didn't fumble to this magnitude. 31 Billion and counting? That's rare air, LOL.

FWIW, one of the long-time Pittsburgh radio hosts (to whom Brown donated $100K to during the host's daughter's cancer battle), says he was never the same guy personality-wise after the Burfict hit.

I don't think we'll ever truly know, and it was two more years before he truly seemed to go off the deep end. But it's a shame regardless, because his talent in that Steelers system was incredible to watch.

He started to be someone who was afraid everyone was out to get him, he never smiled after that all that much - he became somebody different. He used to be innocently narcissistic, much like a lot of receivers in the NFL, but he didn’t have this dark side to him. And for me, every single incident, it all happened after the Burfict hit.

If you can’t see the trajectory that took a sharp spike right after the Burfict hit - and he has never recovered since then. That’s just all fact, the timeline: the everybody’s out to get me, the dark, never smiling. The guy used to smile all the time. ... When’s the last time you’ve seen AB happy? ... I think that the launching point for me is that AFC Wild Card game. I think it’s that, and I think his head is messed up from football.

Wow, I made one little comparison with Elon in a AB thread and unknowingly started a flame war. Apparently a lot of Elon fanboys in here. Who knew?

I just thought the comparison was pretty apt. Musk was one of the biggest entrepreneurs of his time (though undoubtedly kind of a jerk as well). AB was one of the most gifted WR's of his time (and also kind of a jerk).
Elon went all conspiracy-theorist QAnon looney, AB turned headcase, got traded around, and ended up ripping off his clothes and walking off the field in the middle of a game.

Works for me.

I don't live too far from some of his family. They are not bad people and do a lot in the community. I think whatever has motivated AB to act out like he has is deeper than we will ever know. Is it early onset CTE, a deep business gripe, or something else? We won't know just yet, but he wasted a lot of prime years, He coulda been more special than he was. Sad story.
He's just being spiteful, he's a legend in his own mind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom