X-Men '97 (new animated revival) Disney+ 2023 (1 Viewer)

I suppose anything is possible, but I feel like it's unlikely at the moment for a few reasons, chiefly that the show has made a conscious creative decision to sideline Wolverine so that other characters get more story/screen time, and X-23 is very much a Wolverine/Weapon X centric storyline. Also
everything we see in the season 1 finale indicates next season will be an Apocalypse centered story, maybe even with a soft adaptation of Age of Apocalypse, and I don't think debuting X-23 would fit in there very easily.
I also imagine that Deadpool Wolverine have to figure into all of this in some way
Wolverine will definitely be part of s2, but probably similar to how Storm was part of this season

I mean it’s not not that

But they aren't gay, so it's definetly not that.

Xavier bangs bird aliens and Magneto grooms wayward teen girls.

On a serious note, reducing every male relationship of any complexity to "lol gay" is reductive and harmful whether it's the school yard insult variety or the "yay gay yay!" performative internet variety.

But they aren't gay, so it's definetly not that.

Xavier bangs bird aliens and Magneto grooms wayward teen girls.

On a serious note, reducing every male relationship of any complexity to "lol gay" is reductive and harmful whether it's the school yard insult variety or the "yay gay yay!" performative internet variety.
That imaginary bar scene was coded as closeted gay in very unsubtle terms

And I’ll 40% agree with your general point about complex male relationships- but would offer that’s bc masculinity itself is quite reductive in our social dynamic and not bc fans/writers put an agenda on content (unless we’re going to pretend that pro wrestling is somehow less homoerotic than Herb Ritts photos )

I figured Apocalypse was the coming big bad just because of how things ended in the old series from '96, but wasn't expecting the Ages arc (assuming that's what's coming).
Everything about this series was masterful. The plot, the characterizations, the voice actors, the art itself. It was a vast improvement over the old series, which was not bad, but this was light years ahead of it. As I said in an earlier post, this blows away nearly all of the films (maybe not Days of Future Past).

Can't wait for the next season. I agree with Sun that Apocalypse will reanimate Gambit as the Horseman of Death, which eventually will bring him back to the world of the living (hope they don't make that too hoaky when it happens). I don't Wolverine is out of the picture because he and Morph are the only two left to deal with Apocalypse in the "present" and that's obviously an issue as suggested by the final scene. Basically, I think we'll have three tales happening over most of the season that will finally converge somehow near the end and leave everyone back in "normal" time.

The studio should do everything possible to keep the same writers around as long as they can!

I figured Apocalypse was the coming big bad just because of how things ended in the old series from '96, but wasn't expecting the Ages arc (assuming that's what's coming).
Everything about this series was masterful. The plot, the characterizations, the voice actors, the art itself. It was a vast improvement over the old series, which was not bad, but this was light years ahead of it. As I said in an earlier post, this blows away nearly all of the films (maybe not Days of Future Past).

Can't wait for the next season. I agree with Sun that Apocalypse will reanimate Gambit as the Horseman of Death, which eventually will bring him back to the world of the living (hope they don't make that too hoaky when it happens). I don't Wolverine is out of the picture because he and Morph are the only two left to deal with Apocalypse in the "present" and that's obviously an issue as suggested by the final scene. Basically, I think we'll have three tales happening over most of the season that will finally converge somehow near the end and leave everyone back in "normal" time.

The studio should do everything possible to keep the same writers around as long as they can!
Normally I would say that makes sense- but with the crazy pace of season 1, all that could be tied up in a cold open if s2e1

Normally I would say that makes sense- but with the crazy pace of season 1, all that could be tied up in a cold open if s2e1
A fair point!

At the rate this one went, maybe we'll get all the other plots from the comics over last 40 years in season 2...

Wolvy and Morph could be anywhere, no? Maybe even the Savagelands--doubtful but we don't really have an idea, do we? Also Storm is MIA, as well, I think? The only ones in the present are Forge (what an awesome character portrayal btw) with Bishop...and Juubs/Sunspot.
Totally agree that it will be a 3 time/space battle front against APoc. Somehow Xavier and Magneto are gonna end up screwing up the past and basically creating the APoc we know...
Also Yes, for the love of everything keep these writers and entire team together as long as possible...I really don't care how long it takes to produce these, the quality is insanely good!

Well, the bad news for everyone hoping they keep the creative team together for as long as possible is that Beau Demayo, the head writer, producer, and very hands on showrunner, was fired by Disney right before season 1 dropped. We don't know why. There are rumors that he was a very unpleasant person to work for, creates a toxic work environment, and that he's had problems in other writers rooms he's been a part of (namely The Witcher). Some speculate it's that he has an Only Fans that shows risqué content. He has said nothing and had continued to heavily promote the show and answer fan questions on social media.

The good news is they got all of season 2 written before he was fired, so there's that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom