Yellow vertical line on laptop monitor... (2 Viewers)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, I stepped away from my laptop for about 20 min, and when I came back, a vertical yellow line had appeared on my screen out of nowhere on right side running from top to bottom as if a column of single pixels decided to mutiny. I tried messing around w/ the screen resolution settings but nothing. It's an ASUS G75 that I've had since Dec. '12, so is it a question of age/wear? Or is there a way to fix it? I've already rebooted it a few times but no dice.... Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you tried dumping old banana peels into your flux capacitor?

Might need to replace your LCD.

Can you hook it up to an external monitor to see if the line is replicated on your TV?

So, I stepped away from my laptop for about 20 min, and when I came back, a vertical yellow line had appeared on my screen out of nowhere on right side running from top to bottom as if a column of single pixels decided to mutiny. I tried messing around w/ the screen resolution settings but nothing. It's an ASUS G75 that I've had since Dec. '12, so is it a question of age/wear? Or is there a way to fix it? I've already rebooted it a few times but no dice.... Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe that is the indicator for how far you have to go to get a first down. :covri:

Unfortunately, it does sound like your screen now has a column of dead pixels and may need to be replaced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom