YouTube Sunday Ticket Pricing (Update - pricing announced) (1 Viewer)

The thing about this is that the NFL doesn’t really need to care about pirated streams - it sells the broadcast package to the networks and that’s their problem.

I suppose that eventually it becomes a shared problem but as long as the networks are competing to throw huge piles of money at the NFL, it’s not really the league’s problem if people are pirating.
I think it’s worth adding that a DirecTV subscription is usually a multi year commitment with a higher cost than YTTV (which can cancel at any time), I don’t think it’s more expensive than DirecTV when you look at total spend to get the ticket. I never got the ticket in the past, except when I lived in an apartment (was $99 then), because I don’t watch enough TV to pay for a 2-3 year subscription plus equipment rental fees.

Lets just say someone is interested in streaming them and has a Firestick and doesn't want to pay bookoo money, i may (wink wink) know how to do that..
the free one mostly works, $20 month one 99% of time it works.. Just saying..

Message me more about this please. I subscribe to it. BDM
Doesn't happen to be rocket science. Use regular YTTV but spoof your location on your browser. You then gain access to local channels for the spoofed location. So, if you only want to see Saints games, spoof for the South Louisiana area and you'll get all the Saints games on regular YTTV without the Sunday Ticket.

SFIAH

Yeah I think that the Direct TV basic service was over a hundred a month if I remember correctly? So, when you add the Sunday ticket price on top of that it was always crazy expensive. In the end I think that is why Direct TV was always giving ticket away just to keep people on the month to month subscription?

Doesn't happen to be rocket science. Use regular YTTV but spoof your location on your browser. You then gain access to local channels for the spoofed location. So, if you only want to see Saints games, spoof for the South Louisiana area and you'll get all the Saints games on regular YTTV without the Sunday Ticket.

SFIAH

I’d be surprised if YTTV paid billions of dollars to acquire Sunday Ticket and then doesn’t crack down on this.

Yeah I think that the Direct TV basic service was over a hundred a month if I remember correctly? So, when you add the Sunday ticket price on top of that it was always crazy expensive. In the end I think that is why Direct TV was always giving ticket away just to keep people on the month to month subscription?

Sounds right. We dumped DTV in 2019. I don’t remember what I was paying for Sunday Ticket as a satellite add-on, but like I said in the previous post, Sunday Ticket streaming (we were at a qualifying address when we first subscribed, then it auto-renewed even after we moved to another address) was over $400, with taxes and fees, last year for the basic service.

My YouTubeTV account is based in New Orleans but I travel often. I'm ok with buying the Sunday Ticket plan but I don't want to be in a situation where if I am in Texas during the regular season, the Saints game will still be blacked out for me on my YouTubeTV because YouTube will technically have my account as being based in New Orleans.

Last edited:
Set the recording while still in New Orleans but if are away from home, I think you cant watch things on your dvr til the recording has completed? Of course you can watch live on a pc or android device by changing your geolocation when away from home which would also allow you to watch the dvr while it records as well.
But I wouldn't be able to watch it live on a TV from the YouTube TV app?

Last time I checked it out and changed my location to New Orleans it stayed on New Orleans for 4 days on my tv app til it changed me back to the actual location. For the tv app I'd say you'd have to wait til the recording ended before you could watch it on a tv away from home. Only thing you could do away from home is connect a pc to the tv and change the location to watch it live that way. If you need help setting it up let me know.

Has been a while since used it but the only one of the streaming services that allowed me to record out of home games that also allowed me to watch the dvr live on a tv app out of home was fubo tv.

Last edited:
I'm going to subscribe but I'm getting the plan that doesn't require YouTubeTV's base plan. 5 months of that plan is $365 and then add $249 for Sunday Ticket is $614. I can get Sunday Ticket alone for $349, so I'm in.

I look at it this way. DirecTV required you to subscribe to their service before you can buy Sunday Ticket at $293 (sometimes it was free for a year). DTV's annual subscription was $780. So YouTube is saving me money as far as I'm concerned. I don't need any of their other channels.

BTW, if you're looking to sign up, here's the link. Just click the "Get NFL Sunday Ticket" button.

Depends on your TV. Many, if not most, TVs have the ability to get a YoutubeTV app. If you don't have that ability you can get a device that supports the app. Here is a list of supported devices: https://tv.youtube.com/learn/devices/

Also, the Xbox and Playstation support YouTubeTV.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom