Zach Strief LT and Jammal Brown RT as starter's (1 Viewer)

why bench Stinch?....but I agree with the guy who said to move Stinch inside and move Evans to Left guard...

Lt: Brown
Lg: Evans
C; Faine
Rg: Stinch
Rt: Strief

but the current lineup works great, we just have depth now, that we didnt know for sure we had.

I watched the Tampa game last night and while Strief played well for his first time out, he is far from being annointed a starter. There were several plays where Rice just blew him up but Brees either stepped up and avoided Rice or he got rid of the ball before Rice had a chance to get to him. Also, I think his run blocking needs a lot of work. I'm not trying to take anything away from Zack but one game does not a pro-bowler make.

I actually think this is pretty true of the o-line as a whole. Brees is making them look better than they really are.

I watched the Tampa game last night and while Strief played well for his first time out, he is far from being annointed a starter. There were several plays where Rice just blew him up but Brees either stepped up and avoided Rice or he got rid of the ball before Rice had a chance to get to him. Also, I think his run blocking needs a lot of work. I'm not trying to take anything away from Zack but one game does not a pro-bowler make.

I actually think this is pretty true of the o-line as a whole. Brees is making them look better than they really are.

This is very true. Strief did well, but Brees also had good pocket awareness in avoiding sacks and you have to give some credit to his receivers for getting open so he could quickly get rid of the ball. As you said, this isn't taking anything away form Strief, who still did a remarkable job playing in his first NFL game, injured no less, against one of the league's premier pass rushers. But any thinking of restructuring the line is getting way ahead of ourselves at this point.

No way you move Jamal Brown back to RT. He has done great at LT. Put Strief at RT and Stinch at RG if anything. After one game you are suggesting this. Let's put in the pro bowl while were at it!

The best thing about our line right now is that most of them are extremely versatile. We got a handful that can play on the left side or the right side and a few that can even make the switch to guard/tackle. I like our options for sure.

Why no love for Nesbit? He is holding his own at LG

He's done well for sure. But I think his major value is as the 6th lineman for depth, the vet who can play a few games at a high level at any O-line position if someone gets injured. He's not ideal as a starting guard at this point in his career.

Hey folks some of you are thinking about this year from talks about benching people and such. I was talking next year after training camp and what not. I agree right now it's not broke.

Zach did well and I don't want to take anything away from him, but Payton gave him help from tight ends and RB's in blocking plus we ran a lot of plays that called for a very quick release of the ball. Also, as already noted, Brees shifted in the pocket well to avoid sacks. I hope Zach keeps developing, but he's not ready to take over at LT.

IN the future (Next Year)
LT-Brown
LG-Evans
C-Faine(He is a beast)
RG-Nesbit or Stinchcomb
RT-Strief

As of right now Strief is doing a good job in there filling in. If he comes up big in this Steelers game look out Jammal. You might be playing RG next year. Drafting Sears from Tennessee will do this line wonders. The O-line would be set for many years to come baring injury.

Exactly. Strief is a good prospect. He might even turn out to be a great player. But his game last week wasn't spectacular. It would be insane to start jumbling the starting lineup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom