Zion’s status? (2 Viewers)

His status is... Once again injured when we need him the most... He will not be back for this series... Our season is over... we may win one game against OKC....

And Zion needs to be traded for as many players and assets as we can get for him in the offseason... because THIS IS WHO HE IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE...

His style of play is unstainable for an entire NBA season... and as he ages... it will get worse... not better. Cash out Pels!

it's weird, I didn't hear any of this same energy from you when Ingram went down for his usual yearly injury during a pivotal time of our season 🙃

it's weird, I didn't hear any of this same energy from you when Ingram went down for his usual yearly injury during a pivotal time of our season 🙃

It's not weird... I made it clear... Ingram can shoot the basketball from further out than 2 feet... That's my preference... and BI has also lead this team to playoff wins... Zion has yet to appear in an actual playoff game... I also have a preference in that aspect....

And make no mistake... I never said BI was some "iron man of the NBA" LOL

It's not weird... I made it clear... Ingram can shoot the basketball from further out than 2 feet... That's my preference... and BI has also lead this team to playoff wins... Zion has yet to appear in an actual playoff game... I also have a preference in that aspect....

And make no mistake... I never said BI was some "iron man of the NBA" LOL

Nope, but you've been vocal about wanting to ditch Zion to build around Ingram.

Ingram has injury flaws just like Z does, and has gameplay flaws just like Z does. Yes, Ingram can shoot, but relies way too much on his midrange game as a first option. He SHOULD be shooting more 3s, but doesn't. He SHOULD be looking for more efficient scoring opportunities instead of waiting for a contested middy late in the shot clock, but he doesn't.

This franchise will not be in a pretty situation if we extend Brandon this offseason to a max contract. And that's regardless of whether or not Z is here.

Ingram has injury flaws just like Z does, and has gameplay flaws just like Z does. Yes, Ingram can shoot, but relies way too much on his midrange game as a first option. He SHOULD be shooting more 3s, but doesn't. He SHOULD be looking for more efficient scoring opportunities instead of waiting for a contested middy late in the shot clock, but he doesn't.

This franchise will not be in a pretty situation if we extend Brandon this offseason to a max contract. And that's regardless of whether or not Z is here.
I REALLY like Brandon Ingram, but I think I agree.

I REALLY like Brandon Ingram, but I think I agree.

I like him too, a lot. Guy eat sleeps and drinks basketball. Loved in the locker room. But putting that aside, it doesn't make sense from a team building standpoint to extend him.

Ingram is not deserving of a max contract, that’s for damn sure. The dude is so inconsistent and disappears. Atleast Zion has elite upside and has been on a healthier trend this year. I’d rather put my cards on Zion and try to find him a better compliment than sticking with Ingram. Ingram has one year left, I’d leave it at that as a prove it year next season or trade him (which teams won’t offer a ton with his injury history).

I just don’t think you can build a contending team around a guy with no shot to speak of in a shooting league, with weight issues in a pace league, and availability issues not due to load management. The only team that has come close is MIL with GA…. And Zion is nowhere near GA level of player.

Do with that information what you will.

I say Trade Z and get picks and another player to build around. Maybe BI is a complement piece. All I know is we are not building a consistent clutch contender if Zion is the best player on this team.

There is a reason the Pels can't close or finish games... A reason they are "0 for forever" in games decided by 1 possession... A reason they are "0 for whatever" when they don't lead in the 4th... This is a "Tough Shot Best Player must Close" league... The Pels best player (Zion) is not a player that is going to make a contested 12 foot jumper with 1.2 on the clock down by 1... because he won't take that shot... he can't that shot... that simple shot is not in his bag... BI or CJ or Trey have to take that shot. And every team in the NBA knows they do... It's HUGE problem. And it shows up in crunch time against good teams with something to play for.... every... time.

At this point BI - even with his faults - is a more logical player to build around. Just as many Points, Blocks, Steals, Assists, and Rebounds per game as Z (almost identical). At least takes 3s (4 per game for BI vs 0 per game for Z). Can create a shot. Can make FTs. Is in shape all the time. And then there’s the longevity aspect. I don’t see Zion being a player that will play very long with his style. BI will play as long as he wants to.

Last edited:
BI hasn't seemed to be as explosive this year. His ability to drive past peremter defenders has really fallen off to the point that I'm scared that he's going to lose the ball with any pressure.

Just my opinion

BI is just getting his legs back. You don't have an extended injury absence involving the lower body and pick up where you left off. However, I agree that he seems to pass up 3s that are fairly open (especially with his length) to attack which often ends up with a contested, difficult shot (although to his credit, nobody hits those shots like BI but it still isn't efficient enough). Also, before his injury he was noticeably better (and effective) on defense and he was doing a great job in distributing the ball. However, I don't think he is worth a max extension right now.

Zion ain't the same player he was. He played himself into shape, his weight is obviously down. You can't compare a hammy to his other injuries. He hasn't had a healthy offseason in his career...I am willing to bet he works with Fred Vinson a lot this offseason and we see a Zion with a good midrange game (really all he needs is a pullup jumper which shouldn't be a problem since he has good shooting form) next year which would nearly make him unstoppable on offense.

I absolutely HATE saying this, but I think this team could take a big step forward by moving BI and assets and bringing in Naz Reid (TM3 takes his spot). Reid has 1 year left on his current contract with a Player Option after, which he will turn down if he isn't extended as it is less than $15 million. I don't know that the TWolves can afford him unless they plan to move away from Gobert or KAT (which isn't very likely)

Just remember I said that if this teams keeps Zion instead of BI as the focal point of this team going forward... They will be a perpetual borderline Play-In team with no shot of becoming a contender unless they pull a completely insane draft pick out of their butts that changes who is the focal point.

Just remember I said that if this teams keeps Zion instead of BI as the focal point of this team going forward... They will be a perpetual borderline Play-In team with no shot of becoming a contender unless they pull a completely insane draft pick out of their butts that changes who is the focal point.
I think your wrong every day of week IF we had a good front office that can make trades that improve the team.

If the front office can dump CJ, Ingram, and Larry for Dejounte Murray and Lauri Markkanen while drafting Kel'El Ware with a free agent 5.

That's a championship ceiling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom