NFL ‘94 SB Champs lost 40-8 in game 5 (...WhoDat suicide watch not needed) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
About 5 years ago, I had a personal conversation with Merton Hanks, CB/Safety for the ‘94 Champions (49ers). He spoke very candidly about their game 5 (40-8) loss to the Eagles. I said: “That was an arse whipping, wasn’t it?” He said “No... that was a SKULL DRAGGING! It was awful! It also left us at 3-2 for the season.

He went on to say that THAT game was their turning point, and they went on to win 10 of their remaining 11 to finish at 13-3. The rest is history. They rolled in the postseason, and won the Super Bowl over the Chargers 49-26.

The season is young... the Saints are a good team, and we’ll recover big time.

WhoDat!!!!!

:gosaints:

Last edited:
About 5 years ago, I had a personal conversation with Merton Hanks, CB/Safety for the ‘94 Champions (49ers). He spoke candidly about their game 5 loss to the Eagles. I said: “That was an arse whipping, wasn’t it?” He said “No... that was a SKULL DRAGGING! It was awful! It also left us at 3-2 for the season.

www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-10-03-sp-45846-story.html%3f_amp=true

He went on to say that THAT game was their turning point, and they went to win 10 of their remaining 11 to finish at 13-3. The rest is history. They rolled in the postseason, and won the Super Bowl over the Chargers.

The season is young... the Saints are a good team, and we’ll recover big time.

WhoDat!!!!!

:gosaints:
The difference is they had Steve Young at QB

There was another team who got whipped and went on to win the Super Bowl last season.

The difference is they had Steve Young at QB

... and Ricky Watters, and Jerry Rice, and John Taylor, and Brent Jones, and Bryant Young, and Dana Stubblefield, and Rickey Jackson, and Ken Norton Jr, and Deion Sanders, and Gary Plummer, and Merton Hanks, and Bart Oates, and Jesse Sapolu, and ...

... and Ricky Watters, and Jerry Rice, and John Taylor, and Brent Jones, and Bryant Young, and Dana Stubblefield, and Rickey Jackson, and Ken Norton Jr, and Deion Sanders, and Gary Plummer, and Merton Hanks, and Bart Oates, and Jesse Sapolu, and ...

Well damn, how many Hall of Famers they had on that team.

Exactly. So comparing this team to the 94 49ers is a little silly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom