1 Penalty called on Panthers (1 Viewer)

It's beyond laughable at this point.. zero penalties on the Chargers last week and then 1 this week (for 5 yards).

I get that it's hard to argue that the Saints are over-penalized (but I also think this is true), but how do you explain other teams miraculously playing mistake free against us week after week?
There were 2 or 3 uncalled facemask penalties that Carolina dodged.

What aggrevates me is it seems like the refs never miss those face masks against us. IMO they were pretty obvious against Kamara
On the first Kamara facemask, the ref was looking right at the play. I guess since it is Halloween month, Kamara was doing his best Poltergeist impression.

That’s because the NFL wants Tom in the big show. It’s evident.

I really hate conspiracy crap like this. Tampa Bay a few weeks ago suffered an implosion due to offensive penalties. We went a week hearing about Tom having to scream at his o-line. Was that part of the NFL rigging things for Tom???

I have a crazy thought but maybe this guy we all hate and are sick of, is actually maybe that good? I know, I can't believe I'm saying it but he's older than Drew but he's playing far far better than Drew right now and he's actually throwing bombs so the arm is very much live. Meanwhile the Patriots couldn't score on a high-school teams defense right now so maybe Tom actually was right about the team up there having no offensive weapons...

Now if you'll excuse me I have to wash this throw up out my mouth.....

The holding call against Ram was bad, too. It got overlooked because Kamara turned into Superman to extend the drive. But Ram dominated the DLineman so badly that he pinned his arm behind him with his body. He was punished for winning the rep.

This all goes back to the same issues we've had with officiating since the "no call".

It isn't that the Saints are getting called for completely bogus penalties ( though the OPI yesterday was really bad). If you look at most of the calls against us, they are legit. Whats at issue is that our opponents are NOT being called for similar transgressions.

So it's one thing to make bad calls or to call everything - as long as both teams are experiencing the same treatment. Where it gets unfair is our opponents are allowed to grab face masks and interfere with receivers, hold our d-line, push off and it isn't called.

Thats why it's infuriating.

Did you not see the penalty yardage differential numbers?!
MINUS 318 for the Saints. The Ravens are in 2nd place with over 200 yards less in penalty yardage differential.

Our last 2 opponents:
Chargers were called for 1 penalty for 10 yards.
Panthers were called for 1 penalty for 5 yards.

How is it not obvious to anyone with a pulse that there is referee bias against the Saints?
Exactly. Every team in the league can claim it, but the Saints can PROVE it.

All the calls (minus the supposed OPI on TQS) were legit this game. Stop hyperfocusing. The only game that had any real imbalance of unfair calls was against the Packers.
I think he's referring to Kamara's facemask being grabbed twice on 2 separate plays. Hyperfocus that! :LOL:

I usually don't like blaming the officials too much. No one like the officials. There has been games in the past where the officials changed games, single handedly. There was a game a few years back in Atlanta, where Clete Blakeman had to have been paid off by someone. That was the worst overall officiated game that Ive seen as a Saints fan. The No Call changed the course of history. Theres a smattering of games where officials do dictate who wins.

This season, its been damn near every game. To miss quite a few holds is fine. To miss 2 very obvious face masks is fine. But to miss all of that, and only have 1 penalty for 5 yards on team? Especially after that ridiculous OPI on TQS to nullify a TD? Its getting bad.

Just look at these numbers

The Bucs and Lions games were relatively evenly called.

But, the other 4 are mind blowing.

Combined Penalties and Yards in Raiders, Packers, Chargers and Panthers games

10-129 to 3-13
8-83 to 2-10
5-60 to 1-10
6-50 to 1-5

Total
29-322 to 7-38

In those 4 games the other team is not even averaging 10 yards in penalty yardage. Not even averaging a single holding call. I counted at least 4 Holds and 2 face masks yesterday that went unflagged. Its not as simple as the Saints are just poorly coached (though that may be part of it). Its deliberate. Theres no way all of those officials can choose to keep the flags in their pockets.

I really hate conspiracy crap like this. Tampa Bay a few weeks ago suffered an implosion due to offensive penalties. We went a week hearing about Tom having to scream at his o-line. Was that part of the NFL rigging things for Tom???

I have a crazy thought but maybe this guy we all hate and are sick of, is actually maybe that good? I know, I can't believe I'm saying it but he's older than Drew but he's playing far far better than Drew right now and he's actually throwing bombs so the arm is very much live. Meanwhile the Patriots couldn't score on a high-school teams defense right now so maybe Tom actually was right about the team up there having no offensive weapons...

Now if you'll excuse me I have to wash this throw up out my mouth.....

Woah woah, I never said it was rigged. Im just saying the league has created and altered rules for the guy. And the teams he has been on tend to be given a little more wiggle room whereas other teams wouldn’t be so lucky. There’s no denying that. I just said they want him in the big show. He has been good for the brand over the last 20 years. But that doesn’t mean they are determining outcomes of games for him.

It's criminal and all because Goodell is a petty, immature child who uses his power over the league to execute grudges.

I wish Payton would just kiss his arse for now and then write a book about this for later. I'm all for speaking truth to power but in the process it's wasting an all time great's chance at a second title.

Teams around the league know the Saints are tough as nails to routinely beat the refs and the opposition to boot. I imagine those opposing teams coaches rip into their teams letting the "flag riddled mistake plagued Saints" beat their perfectly playing team. That's how we as Saints fans should start seeing these Saints, as arguably the hardest working team in the league!

That’s because the NFL wants Tom in the big show. It’s evident. Watch how easily AB will be able to return from his suspension come week 9, even though there’s still a civil suit out there against him. Why, you may ask? Because he’s going to partner up with the NFL’s golden child. Josh Gordon, who was supposed to hear about his reinstatement three weeks ago, can’t even get a call back from the league. And his “violations” are MUCH less severe then AB’s.

Sure does seem like that.

I got to agree with Gruden also, Why wasnt the Bucs/Raiders game rescheduled? Almost seems like it was to give Tampa the advantage. Any other game would of been moved back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom