11 plays, 34 yards, 9:05 off the clock (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
It's like watching the UFC guys put their opponent in a chokehold. You don't necessarily see how they do it, but they incapacitate their adversary.

This was so big. Tampa could get their offense on the field for most of the fourth quarter and you felt like the game was over. They were not going to score 3 times in a row. Payton called a great game and the guys just executed the game plan perfectly.

That kind of ball control by the Saints is getting to be a habit.

It's the kind of thing that will win you some important games! :17:

The ability to kill most of a quarter when you have a decent lead is key to winning playoff games.

I like what Payton is building in terms of a ball-control offense. It doesn't just mean running. It also means having control, confidence and playing mistake-free football that tends to get you 10 yards every 3 downs.

Yeah, it's unbelievable how we're able to just say "Ok, the game is over now" and just shut the whole game down with a killer drive....seemingly at will.

I was truley a great 4th quater, BUT I kind of thought we would go for another score, at least a field goal. Isn't there a criteria in tie breakers having to do with points scored , especially division opponents

Awesome drive....that's two for the season......basically we just wore down their defense with the passing game and then pounded them in the 4th quarter.

I was truley a great 4th quater, BUT I kind of thought we would go for another score, at least a field goal. Isn't there a criteria in tie breakers having to do with points scored , especially division opponents

Yeah but it's really far down on the list. Like 7th or 8th. Only seen it come into play once, when Green Bay had to watch the scoreboard (2000 maybe?) and had to trot Brett Farve back onto the field of a blowout (where they had already pulled him) and ask him to score another TD so they'd win the tiebreaker.

It sort of reminds me of SEC football. Only problem is that they are not running the ball smash mouth style enough. Play Duece more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom