12 year old bride dies of internal bleeding.... (1 Viewer)

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A 12-year-old Yemeni bride died of internal bleeding following intercourse three days after she was married off to an older man, the United Nations Children's Fund said.

The girl was married to a man at least twice her age, said Sigrid Kaag, UNICEF regional director for the Middle East and North Africa.

Her death is "a painful reminder of the risks girls face when they are married too soon," Kaag said Thursday.

The death is the latest in a series of child marriage cases in Yemen, where the minimum age to tie the knot is still under debate.

In September, a 12-year-old Yemeni girl forced into marriage died during childbirth. Her baby also died, according to the Seyaj Organization for the Protection of Children.

Sad and disgusting. However, I do see the 'husband' bragging about this for years to come.

I don't know what Islam says about marrying and having sex with children, so instead of speculating (i'm going to out on a limb here and assume it doesn't explicitly condone such things) i'll file this under cultural disgust instead of religous disgust.

What type of father gives his 12 year old daughter away to be raped by a man twice her age?

Sad and disgusting. However, I do see the 'husband' bragging about this for years to come.
Don't go there, to that country.

Something else to keep you indignat about the far corners of the world where other people live and do strange things:

WARNING: graphic photographs.

http://www.circumstitions.com/Foot.html

Last edited:
Selling 10, 12, 14 year olds into marriage > circumcision to me, sorry.

i dont know what is more shocking, the fact that a 12 year old died from internal bleeding, or the fact that a 12 year old was getting married

i dont know what is more shocking, the fact that a 12 year old died from internal bleeding, or the fact that a 12 year old was getting married

Throughout most of the 19th century, the minimum age of consent for sexual intercourse in most American states was 10 years. In Delaware it was only 7 years.
As late as 1930, twelve states allowed boys as young as 14 and girls as young as 12 to marry (with parental consent).

http://www.pflagsanjose.org/advocacy/hist.html

I have no problems calling these people savages. I know it is the hip thing to do to be a cultural relativist and all that happy horsecrap, but a culture that allows that type of horror just sucks. Truly.

Throughout most of the 19th century, the minimum age of consent for sexual intercourse in most American states was 10 years. In Delaware it was only 7 years. As late as 1930, twelve states allowed boys as young as 14 and girls as young as 12 to marry (with parental consent).

Yeah, and people still crapped outside back then too and wore the same pair of clothes for weeks.

Yeah, and people still crapped outside back then too and wore the same pair of clothes for weeks.

Just saying that he shouldn't be so fast to throw stones. I'm sure it still happens in the US as well as recently as a few years ago in a Tx. cult iirc. Doesn't mean that it is the conventional wisdom for either country currently though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom