18 Years Goes By So Fast.. (2 Viewers)

I still consider him the most important draft pick in the history of the team.
People forget.
For the first season or two, Bush was the main attraction for the Saints.
Every billboard, billboard, and public appearance had Bush as the main figure.
Then, Brees took over.
But you can’t underestimate how important Bush is to the history of the Post Meacom/Benson Era Saints.

Bush and Vince Young were the reasons I started watching college football, so when we drafted one of my favorite players of all time, I couldn’t believe it. I’ve been a Saints fan since I was 5, but this draft pick really made me believe we had a real shot to become a winner.

In my signature, it says I became a member here in 2006. Drafting Bush had a lot to do with me discovering SR. So glad I did.

People forget.
For the first season or two, Bush was the main attraction for the Saints.
Every billboard, billboard, and public appearance had Bush as the main figure.
Then, Brees took over.
But you can’t underestimate how important Bush is to the history of the Post Meacom/Benson Era Saints.
The PGA Tour was in town the week of the NFL draft, and the tournament was held (at that time) at English Turn. In order to introduce Reggie to the country as the newest Saint, someone (not sure if it was CBS or the Saints) had a limo pick up Reggie at the airport and drive him to the tournament for an interview during the tournament broadcast. That was noteworthy for me because my younger brother was the limo driver that drove him to English Turn. My brother said that Reggie must have been very excited about all the money he was about to make because he tipped him much better than most other VIPs that he had chauffeured around. :9:

Bush and Vince Young were the reasons I started watching college football, so when we drafted one of my favorite players of all time, I couldn’t believe it. I’ve been a Saints fan since I was 5, but this draft pick really made me believe we had a real shot to become a winner.

In my signature, it says I became a member here in 2006. Drafting Bush had a lot to do with me discovering SR. So glad I did.
Forever grateful toward the Texans.

Love me some Reggie. Forever a Saint.

So important to the revitalization of this franchise and honestly helping us BECOME relevant. His game wasn't without flaws, he had his issues as a pure runner, but his impact on the passing game was beyond impactful. We don't win a championship without the man.

I’m convinced had the NFL let RBs wear single digit numbers at that time, and Reggie or to wear #5, he would’ve produced way more. I bet he never felt right wearing that number

I was hoping we trade back for some more/future picks.... and I am still waiting for them to trade back lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom