2011 EXPERTS Mock Draft **THIRD ROUND** Completed (2 Viewers)

i like him a lot LNKH! Hes the better of the bunch after your last target in Brown, good pick

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. While I'm typically going BPA, CB is a need and out of the next group of CBs after I didn't get Brown, I felt that Gilchrist met our needs and physical style that Rivera wants the best. Plus he seems valuable as a ST player.

With the 79th selection in the 2011 Saints Report "Experts" mock draft, the Miami Dolphins select Clint Boling, OL, University of Georgia

0414_web_ls_Clint_Boling_t305.jpg

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68658&draftyear=2011&genpos=OG

We were considering trading back or selecting another player until the recent run on offensive linemen. Clint has played LT, RG, and RT during his time at Georgia. We feel he is best suited for guard or right tackle, which is perfect for us. With Richie Incognito most likely moving to center permanently, Clint will have a chance to compete for a starting guard position. His versatility is particuarly attractive to us with the uncertainty of Vernon Carey's health. If needed, Clint could compete for the right tackle spot as well.

I have to question this pick. Miami's two biggest needs are QB and Safety.
Next, are LB and CB. I would think Miami would be highly ecstatic to pick up either D. Williams-S from UNC or Jones-LB (even House-CB) would be their pick before going OG. Of course, I'm a "non-expert" though.:ezbill:

Next, are LB and CB. I would think Miami would be highly ecstatic to pick up either D. Williams-S from UNC or Jones-LB (even House-CB) would be their pick before going OG. Of course, I'm a "non-expert" though.:ezbill:

You always need lineman in a draft...if he is high on their boards you can take him over a need. Particularly in the 3rd round. You might need a CB or LB but if your not convinced that the guys left on the board at a particular position are certain to beat out the guys you have been developing over the past two years then the need doesnt out weigh the best pick.

You got to be real careful when speculating needs because as we are fans of New Orleans we may not be in tune to the projects in other organizations that are developing nicely but as of yet havent had much playing time.

Wait are you a Phins fan? (having just noticed the avatar or more to the point what the avatar subject is wearing)

Gilchrist is another DB I had my eye on. Come on people! I said chill already with the DB run.

He has been mentioned as a late 2nd round pick because of his added return abilities. It will be interesting to see how his draft stock is impacted by moving kicks to the 35.

Well I guess that's a matter of opinion. If you're happy with Garner and Jerry at OG and you aren't concerned about Carey's health, I guess OL isn't a big need. Garner was on IR last year and from everything I read Jerry struggled at RG. I find it interesting you don't have RB in your top 4 needs considering Brown and Williams are both aging and unrestricted free agents. I tried to trade up for Mallet in the 2nd but he was picked a few spots higher than I could get with what I had to work with. I don't want to get into how I rank the other needs at this point since I don't want other teams to be able to predict my targets in future rounds. But you can always pm me if you want to discuss it further.

arizona and new orleans picking back-to-back?:covri:

i would add Delone carter, robert housler and Demarcus van dyke.

A few suggestions for the upcoming Saints poll pick:

RB Kendall Hunter
RB Daniel Thomas
RB DeMarco Murray
WR Greg Little
OG James Brewer
LB Chris Carter (Fresno State)
LB Mason Foster
DT Lawrence Guy
DE Pernell McPhee

Foster went to Cleveland.

Oops! Well, at least I didn't try to draft him. :hihi:

EDIT: I almost put in Carter, but I already had three RBs, and I didn't want to overdo that.
Also, if we're going to put up TEs, then I think DJ Williams ought to be considered as well.

yeah, i would think that carter and jamie harper would be somewhere on payton's radar if we are looking for another chris ivory type. how many receiving backs like bush and PT does one team need?

edit: BTW, jamie harper is quite the receiver himself.

With the 85th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select............

Kelvin Sheppard, LB, LSU

DEH-West-Virginia-v-LSU-116.JPG

I won't cut and paste a CBS or Scott Wright analysis for this one; I'll just tell you what I saw watching/covering him during his LSU career. He came from Georgia along with teammate Perry Reilly as a relative unknown. You probably remember when fans and announcers alike used to mistake him as Ryan Perrilloux on kickoff coverage because they shared the same number.

What we're getting here is a tough, instinctive, sideline-to-sideline backer with a high workrate. Chavis really brought this kids game to the next level. He was on a defense with a lot of talent. Top guys like Patrick Peterson and Drake Nevis, but Sheppard was the heart and soul of the Tigers defense. Their unquestioned leader on the field and in the lockerroom. He's the guy who makes the calls, gets everybody lined up and not to mention the playmaker at the second level of the Tiger defense.

Some people are down on him because he ran 4.76-4.80 at the combine, but that's a bunch of crap, especially for a 6'2" 250 thumper in the middle. Maybe I'd have concern as a 4-3 MLB, but in our 3-4 we have no issues. His game tape doesn't lie. He did it all under Chavis: stuffing the run, blitzing and dropping into coverage. We have zero qualms about this pick and think him and Darryl Washington will be stalwarts in the middle of our defense for years to come. Add Von Miller on the outside and you have the beginning of a very young, scary defense.

2011 Arizona Cardinals Draft

1. Von Miller, LB Texas A&M
2. Allen Bailey, DE Miami
3. DeMarcus Love, OT/OG Arkansas
4. Kelvin Sheppard, LB LSU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom