2011 EXPERTS Mock Draft **THIRD ROUND** Completed (3 Viewers)

confirmed... Dallas Cowboys selection being written up as we type. will check for confirmation before i post... so i dont show my poker hand for 2 rounds in a ROW :covri:

The Cowboys are VERYYYY happy to select... with their 3rd round pick

Curtis Brown , CB , Texas

With the Cowboys secondary being ripped to shreds last season. Maybe an upgrade at CB is just what Dr. Jerrah ordered! After Jimmy Smith, Harris, and Aaron Williams i noticed a huge drop off after Curtis Brown. As the 3rd round was ending, i tried to trade w/ GB to make sure nobody in the 3rd round got another stab at getting him. It worked out since Carolina made the trade! Curtis is a BIG (6'0') CB with MONSTER ATHLETICISM!!! 4.5 40-yard and an almost 11" broad jump...what really stick out is his 39 INCH VERTICAL! Nobody is jumpin over this boy! He's already a decent CB with monster athletic ability, throw in some good coaching and he could be awesome.

CBS SPORTS said:
Brown was a better athlete than cornerback for most of his first two seasons at Texas. A high school star primarily as a wide receiver, he showed the desire and physicality to play defense. But not until he knocked away a potential touchdown from Oklahoma State star receiver Dez Bryant in the final moments of Texas' 2008 win over the Cowboys did scouts believe he would be a shutdown-type cornerback.
He began his career as a special teams ace, making nine of his 14 tackles covering returns as a true freshman. Brown started four of the team's last six games (played in all 13 games) in 2008, getting credit for 27 tackles (nine more special teams stops) and an impressive nine pass breakups. He started all 14 games as a junior, earning honorable mention All-Big 12 honors from league coaches with 53 tackles (15 special teams tackles), an interception for a score, 15 pass breakups, forced fumble and a blocked punt. He had 26 tackles, one for loss, one interception and six pass breakups in 10 games in 2010 and was named second-team all-conference.
Brown's elite speed, ability to mirror receivers on the outside and proven special teams acumen have made him a lot of fans among NFL coaches and scouts. The importance of finding athletes of his caliber for the cornerback position should put Brown in the top third of many draft boards come April.

The Cowboys are VERYYYY happy to select... with their 3rd round pick

Curtis Brown , CB , Texas

With the Cowboys secondary being ripped to shreds last season. Maybe an upgrade at CB is just what Dr. Jerrah ordered! After Jimmy Smith, Harris, and Aaron Williams i noticed a huge drop off after Curtis Brown. As the 3rd round was ending, i tried to trade w/ GB to make sure nobody in the 3rd round got another stab at getting him. It worked out since Carolina made the trade! Curtis is a BIG (6'0') CB with MONSTER ATHLETICISM!!! 4.5 40-yard and an almost 11" broad jump...what really stick out is his 39 INCH VERTICAL! Nobody is jumpin over this boy! He's already a decent CB with monster athletic ability, throw in some good coaching and he could be awesome.

Good pick. Wouldn't have been surprised to see him go in the mid-late second.

I've got quite a few offers. I'll pick or trade in the next 10 mins.

Okay, computer had crashed. We have a trade, I iz now on teh clockz, pending official announcement from Lurker ;).

The Bengals trade the number 66 pick to the Titans for their #77 and #108 picks.

Thanks Canuckredux!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom