2013 NASCAR thread (1 Viewer)

Going to Dover tomorrow. Pretty excited except the fact I won't get to see Smoke. I use to go to 6 or 7 races a year with my grandparents up until I graduated high school. I haven't been to a race since Dover of about 04...so it's about time I get to another one. Gonna have great seats, 30 rows up the start/finish line.

Question...we always had our own scanners back in the day but tomorrow I have to rent. I'm just worried they might sell out at some point. We plan on leaving around 7 am and it's takes about 90 minutes to get to Dover, but with traffic and parking, I'm probably looking at about 1130-1200 until I'm on track property. Anyone with experience renting know of this problem, or should I not be worried? Thanks!

last time I went to a race was around 08 I think and they still had scanners when we were walking to the track

Former Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne, who is competing fulltime in NASCAR’s Nationwide Series this season, has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

MS is an autoimmune disease that affects the brain and spinal cord that can produce a wide range of signs and symptoms including both physical and mental and varying in degree.

“I’ve never been more driven to compete,” Bayne said in a statement released Tuesday. “My goals are the same as they’ve been since I started racing. I want to compete at the highest level and I want to win races and championships. I am in the best shape I’ve ever been in and I feel good,” added Bayne.

I'm tired of seeing him win all the time, but Carl Edwards did pin it right when he said that most people think it's the car or the team, but the way he saved his car twice at Phoenix shows how good of a driver he really is.

Most people would have lost it and ate the wall.

congrats Austin Dillon on the bush series championship. heck of a race

BZU5t2MCYAEj66r.jpg:large

I didn't watch any of the Chase. I was so angered by the handling of the Bowyer/Richmond deal that I vowed not to watch any of it. Coming from a guy who has probably seen 95% of the races held since 1995, it was kind of a big deal for me to boycott.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I have spent considerable time and effort over the last decade and a half defending Nascar and the integrity of the racing. But now I just don't know anymore. Nascar had a chance to act as a truly objective sanctioning body faced with clear evidence of a deliberate manipulation of the final regular season standings - and Nascar chose to act like a promoter, not a sanctioning body.

That's fine, that's where they come from. But as someone who believes that the rules and system must be placed ahead of all other concerns, it was unacceptable.

I didn't watch any of the Chase. I was so angered by the handling of the Bowyer/Richmond deal that I vowed not to watch any of it. Coming from a guy who has probably seen 95% of the races held since 1995, it was kind of a big deal for me to boycott.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I have spent considerable time and effort over the last decade and a half defending Nascar and the integrity of the racing. But now I just don't know anymore. Nascar had a chance to act as a truly objective sanctioning body faced with clear evidence of a deliberate manipulation of the final regular season standings - and Nascar chose to act like a promoter, not a sanctioning body.

That's fine, that's where they come from. But as someone who believes that the rules and system must be placed ahead of all other concerns, it was unacceptable.

I haven't posted in this thread in a while as I have been swamped at work - barely had time to keep up with saints news! What was your thoughts and how the deal should have been handled? I was highly disappointed as well; MWR looked super weak.

I haven't posted in this thread in a while as I have been swamped at work - barely had time to keep up with saints news! What was your thoughts and how the deal should have been handled? I was highly disappointed as well; MWR looked super weak.

A legitimate sanctioning body would have conducted a quick and efficient investigation. Review the audio, review the video, and review the car's data. Interview the main participants and confront them with the results of the other anaylsis.

I think it was clear that Clint dumped himself to cause the yellow and try to get Martin in the Chase. In other words, Clint deliberately tried to manipulate the results of not just one race but the entire playoff system. I honestly don't think it was something that Michael or the other crew chiefs talked about before the race but I think Nascar should have tried to find out.

Oh, and the penalty for deliberately manipulating the results of the playoff system should have been disqualification. The 15 should have been yanked from the Chase (even though they were first in points).

Nobody would ever try that again. And that's what a sanctioning body does. But Nascar's leadership comes from a promoters background. It's just a different philosophy. It really bothered me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom