2019 NFL Final 53 Transaction Cut Thread (1 Viewer)

I think it's got to be one of the easier calls for us as fans. But does he fit inside the 53 overall? They apparently had five WR locked in before the game (game day inactives) so can they fit Harris plus one other, or do they have to compromise?

Awe that’s a good question. If they are interested in keeping Harries plus another WR on the 53 how will the Saints structure the roster to compensate carrying an extra WR. I’m not sure if we historically kept more than 6 receivers on the final roster. It’s going to be very interesting to see how things play out.

Awe that’s a good question. If they are interested in keeping Harries plus another WR on the 53 how will the Saints structure the roster to compensate carrying an extra WR. I’m not sure if we historically kept more than 6 receivers on the final roster. It’s going to be very interesting to see how things play out.

But we have kept 6 WRs and and then an extra RB or Safety for the return game. If we keep Harris, he's getting that extra RB/S spot we keep for our main return man. He doesn't necessarily get counted as a WR. No more than Sherels would get counted for being a CB if he were to be the kick returner we kept.

But we have kept 6 WRs and and then an extra RB or Safety for the return game. If we keep Harris, he's getting that extra RB/S spot we keep for our main return man. He doesn't necessarily get counted as a WR. No more than Sherels would get counted for being a CB if he were to be the kick returner we kept.
Since he didn't return a single kick last night, I think that's the same as him practically being inactive because he locked up the spot. What they wanted to see from him was that jet sweep that he nearly picked up a first down on (9 yard carry). If he can line up at WR and run that or use it as the PA fake, he'll be even more useful than "just" a stud return guy.

Since he didn't return a single kick last night, I think that's the same as him practically being inactive because he locked up the spot. What they wanted to see from him was that jet sweep that he nearly picked up a first down on (9 yard carry). If he can line up at WR and run that or use it as the PA fake, he'll be even more useful than "just" a stud return guy.

That's what I was thinking

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom