2020 US OPEN TENNIS THREAD (2 Viewers)

There are STILL 5 Americans

Of course, you know that context is everything, and that i had just said that i hope Jerkovic’s DQ opened the field for another man to win.. then i said there was only one.. but you knew that. :)

That said, i have submitted a request to mods to make ‘Mr Blue Sexist’ my permanent handle.

As someone without much of a serve to speak of, and who doesnt always have a ton of velocity, pace or control of the ball- I’m not sure how i like being the token tennis fanboi on this site.. i just want it to be more relevant, that’s all.
i was a soccer disdainer until on tour in Italy when soccer was the ONLY thing on
my greatest on field accomplishment was leaving some of my plantar fascia on the rec league soccer field
yet fanboi i am

Of course, you know that context is everything, and that i had just said that i hope Jerkovic’s DQ opened the field for another man to win.. then i said there was only one.. but you knew that. :)

That said, i have submitted a request to mods to make ‘Mr Blue Sexist’ my permanent handle.
your Yoko hate is coming into focus :cool:

I watched it and it was simply an accident. However, there are rules. Like in NBA, you can't be a jerk when tossing the ball to ref.
So while I agree, he didn't mean for that, he still did it.

His entire career he has either simply dropped the ball or hit into ground to bounce/roll harmlessly to ball boy/gal

Unfortunate but because of a brain fart, his Open is over.

Not sure they could bend the rules even for Joker.
when i first read about it, it sounded like blind, dumb luck
on video - while still 100% unintended (i might be talked down to 98%) - she was in his line of vision

when i first read about it, it sounded like blind, dumb luck
on video - while still 100% unintended (i might be talked down to 98%) - she was in his line of vision

No she wasnt.. watch again.. he batted it back then looked up to see her about to get hit with it.. he then looked horrified, then immediately had a look of resignation since he knew it was probably over.. not sure if you can find it, but there’s a great shot of his face in slomo during the whole thing.

There are 5 Americans left Mr Blue Sexist

pretty good match to see if one stays or not on now
lol, yeah, I was just about to post. I see plenty of Americans left ... including the match I just watched. Shelby fought off 4 match points to advance.

I watched it and it was simply an accident. However, there are rules. Like in NBA, you can't be a jerk when tossing the ball to ref.
So while I agree, he didn't mean for that, he still did it.

His entire career he has either simply dropped the ball or hit into ground to bounce/roll harmlessly to ball boy/gal

Unfortunate but because of a brain fart, his Open is over.

Not sure they could bend the rules even for Joker.
Actually McEnroe lite was just saying he has been playing with fire and it was a matter of time till he hit anything but the harmless back wall.

No she wasnt.. watch again.. he batted it back then looked up to see her about to get hit with it.. he then looked horrified, then immediately had a look of resignation since he knew it was probably over.. not sure if you can find it, but there’s a great shot of his face in slomo during the whole thing.
he was already looking left
dropped his head to see ball/racket
starting looking left as he hit ball - even seemed to react before the ball hit her
i think it was one of those things where his body was just a bit faster than his brain (his brain was already yelling NOOOOO)
but she was definitely in line of sight since that's where he was looking before dropping his head

Where did it hit her? I didn't seem like he hit the ball very hard. Penalizing him the match for that seems harsh. If it was dock him a point or a game, fine. But the match? I dunno.
Slo mo didn't look hard, real motion looked harder but, you know, much less than a serve. It just hit square in her throat in a worst case position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom