2020 US OPEN TENNIS THREAD (3 Viewers)

That's crazy. I haven't watched tennis since Samparas vs Agassi.
Same. Maybe this will wash in a new era. It's great for the individual player to be dominant, but for me I find it boring. Or maybe I just don't like watching tennis anymore.

Year's ago I stopped watching men's tennis. I found it becoming incredibly boring as the game became more about how could smash the serve and get an Ace with little volleying. Maybe it's changed since then but I wouldn't know.

Full disclosure: I’m no fan of Djokovic.. i mean, he’s immensely talented and would obviously wipe the court with Anyone who’s reading this; to me he just comes across as smug.. But while i understand that rules are rules, he most obviously dint mean to hit the lady, and you could see the horror on his face.. but i get it.. Sefishly, i kinda like that this opens the field for possibly an American to win!
Me too!👍🎾

Several of the commentators have said that the Joker has had this temper problem for YEARS!

All of the players (not currently in the US Open) are saying that as soon as the ball hit that lady’s throat, they knew that the Joker was done. They all are saying that every player knows that rule, & that you are DONE when that happens.

Joker further harmed himself by getting into his car & leaving almost immediately, instead of talking to the press & at least publicly apologizing.

Cost the Joker $250K in lost earnings from the tournament.

The poor lady had her head back & was struggling to get enough air......sure looked painful. Thank goodness it was not worse.

2004 the last time it wasn't Djokovic or Nadal or federer in a major final.
I was wondering what Rafa & Fed were thinking as they watched the Joker make that big goof 😳

No she wasnt.. watch again.. he batted it back then looked up to see her about to get hit with it.. he then looked horrified, then immediately had a look of resignation since he knew it was probably over.. not sure if you can find it, but there’s a great shot of his face in slomo during the whole thing.
I take it back
Looking at the angle from where she was standing, he doesn’t look up til right as he’s hitting it

Same. Maybe this will wash in a new era. It's great for the individual player to be dominant, but for me I find it boring. Or maybe I just don't like watching tennis anymore.
I think the women’s draw is the counterpoint to this - after Serena, there’s 10-20 women with a legit shot at the semis (and it’s often not even the same 10-20)
Past Serena there are 2 that I follow, both got bounced early

I’ll go to the tennis mix channel and find the closest match and tune in, but I’m not looking at the schedule ahead of time to make sure I catch particular matches

The Joker has finally apologized, using Instagram. He said, "I am so sorry." Said this is a growth spurt for him as a player and as a human being. He also said that he was told that the lady is OK, that was hit in the throat.

The Joker has finally apologized, using Instagram. He said, "I am so sorry." Said this is a growth spurt for him as a player and as a human being. He also said that he was told that the lady is OK, that was hit in the throat.
His...eventual apology seemed strong and heartfelt
that he posted it heading to his plane after having ducked media and sneaking away🤔

not a good summer for him

I think the women’s draw is the counterpoint to this - after Serena, there’s 10-20 women with a legit shot at the semis (and it’s often not even the same 10-20)
Past Serena there are 2 that I follow, both got bounced early

I’ll go to the tennis mix channel and find the closest match and tune in, but I’m not looking at the schedule ahead of time to make sure I catch particular matches
Yea, I only watched because I saw, hey, tennis is on!, and I was bored.

Joker further harmed himself by getting into his car & leaving almost immediately, instead of talking to the press & at least publicly apologizing.
What kinda car was that?

Lol i was wondering same thing.. at first i thought it was a Tesla but i didn’t realize that Teslas have suicide doors.
I thought, too, and I guess it is. Looks like a 2020 Model X.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom