Saints 2024 Miller v. Mims starting to feel a bit like 2007 Pittman v. Thomas (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Before any neg-reps… all I said was it’s starting to feel “a bit like” 2007.

Not saying that Kendre is on the bubble or anything, but just like in ‘07, you have a hongry (not hungry, but HONGRY) UDFA playing his arse off for a shot at the final roster, while the 4th round draft pick (Pittman) didn’t shine.

As most of you know, HC Dennis Allen wasn’t too pleased in his presser just a few days ago. He said that veterans “…should know how to hydrate, and take care of their bodies.” DA wasn’t pleased with Kendre’s hammy issue.

The door is open for Mims, and things are starting to get interesting.

We’ll see in the next few weeks. :munch:

:gosaints:

Last edited:
Before any neg-reps… all I said was it’s starting to feel “a bit like 2007.

Not saying that Kendre is on the bubble or anything, but just like in ‘07, you have a hongry (not hungry, but HONGRY) UDFA playing his arse off for a shot at the final roster, while the 4th round draft pick (Pittman) didn’t shine.

As most of you know, HC Dennis Allen wasn’t too pleased in his presser just a few days ago. The door is open for Mims, and things are starting to get interesting.

So funny you posted this. I was thinking the exact same thing. Has that feel to it.

Where he was drafted means nothing to DA. As a 3rd round pick he could easily lose his position to Mims if he is seen as a player not taking care of his body. I hope that is not the case and that he can get back on the field sooner than later as he does have a lot of raw talent.

Where he was drafted means nothing to DA. As a 3rd round pick he could easily lose his position to Mims if he is seen as a player not taking care of his body. I hope that is not the case and that he can get back on the field sooner than later as he does have a lot of raw talent.
Sean Payton was also undrafted, which may have played into his philosophy of evaluating players based on what they display on the field. 🧐

Before any neg-reps… all I said was it’s starting to feel “a bit like 2007.

As most of you know, HC Dennis Allen wasn’t too pleased in his presser just a few days ago. He said that veterans “…should know how to hydrate, and take care of their bodies.” DA wasn’t pleased with Kendre’s hammy issue.

The door is open for Mims, and things are starting to get interesting.

It does

At this point I don't care how it happens, I want another viable RB. Gimme some juice. I want a guy who can put his foot in the ground, make one cut, and get up the field. I want a legit RB who can move the sticks between the 20s allowing AK to do his thing lining up all over the place.

It's exciting to think about the possibilities with a good RB, AK, Hill, Olave, and Speed on the field at the same time.

There was absolutely nothing impressive about Miller last season.

Oh he popped off against the alcons? The Saints scored 48. EVERYONE popped off in the finale.

This dude averaged 3 yards per carry in the handful of games he played in when the games mattered. Now he's hurt again. And Mims by all accounts is putting in work.

Miller might say he wants it, but Mims needs it.

Give me the guy who needs it.

Mims was a very productive college player and showed he was quite a good blocker at the Senior Bowl. It's not surprising to me that he is pushing Miller.
I don't know much about Mims, other than he was Haener's teammate at Fresno; but I was under the impression that Mims was moreso competition for Williams than Miller? Not that it matters much to me....I just want to see the BEST players on the field.

There was absolutely nothing impressive about Miller last season.

Oh he popped off against the alcons? The Saints scored 48. EVERYONE popped off in the finale.

This dude averaged 3 yards per carry in the handful of games he played in when the games mattered. Now he's hurt again. And Mims by all accounts is putting in work.

Miller might say he wants it, but Mims needs it.

Give me the guy who needs it.
This! I’ve been saying from day one. Besides college highlights and training camp interviews. What has he done?! 80 yards in a meaningless season finale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom