Saints 2024 Miller v. Mims starting to feel a bit like 2007 Pittman v. Thomas (3 Viewers)

Sean Payton was also undrafted, which may have played into his philosophy of evaluating players based on what they display on the field. 🧐

:gosaints:
Yeah but there was a reason for that :LOL:

I don't know much about Mims, other than he was Haener's teammate at Fresno; but I was under the impression that Mims was moreso competition for Williams than Miller? Not that it matters much to me....I just want to see the BEST players on the field.

I remember the Bootleg guys being really big on him, went and had a glimpse of his highlights which were on par with anyone's last year, and I was very surprised he wasn't drafted. When the Saints picked him up I remember thinking, 'With their emphasis on RBs blocking this kid is going to stick around for a while.' I am not surprised he is pushing the often injured Miller for a spot on the roster.

Sean Payton was also undrafted, which may have played into his philosophy of evaluating players based on what they display on the field. 🧐

Payton was a scab … quarterbacked the Bears against Fourcade and the Saints

Payton was a scab … quarterbacked the Bears against Fourcade and the Saints
True, but it’s probably irrelevant to the philosophy he developed about players in camp.

He told all of them: “We don’t care how you got here (draft, UDFA, walk-on, whatever). Show us whatcha got.”

True, but it’s probably irrelevant to the philosophy he developed about players in camp.

He told all of them: “We don’t care how you got here (draft, UDFA, walk-on, whatever). Show us whatcha got.”

True dat … that was the actually the intended “meaning/slash” behind posting he was scab … he did it the hard way and persevered, although on the field itself and not the sidelines, Fourcade ended up doing much better

The whole running back situation is very confusing. It looks as though Hill is more of a running back than a tight end in this offense. Obviously, Kamara is the starter. Williams is the hammer. Is there even a spot for another running back? I’m somewhat impressed by Mims, but Robinson has had his moments. Should be interesting and also dependent on which players can be put on the PS.

Interesting that I just typed all this forgetting about Miller— and I really did forget about him. So, Kamara, Williams, Miller, Hill, Prentice? Not only confusing but unsettling.

Not really because Mims does not look like he is better than Miller. The key with Pierre was that he was clearly better than Pittman. Mims strikes me as guy similar to Tony Jones (and that's not good). If I were Allen, I'd keep Miller, cut Mims and scan the waiver wire for someone who could push Miller out of town.

This! I’ve been saying from day one. Besides college highlights and training camp interviews. What has he done?! 80 yards in a meaningless season finale.

What has Mims done? Maybe he's been better in camp practices, but he's shown next to nothing in the preseason games. I keep hearing that the staff is high on Mims, but I'm not seeing much to be excited about in the preseason games.

Robinson has looked better than Mims.

Last edited:
Robinson has been getting his touches earlier in games than Mims, which means you're getting better blocking...

It is easier to look good when you have better holes to run through.

I like the way both players run with the ball.

Mims has to get a little better at putting his foot down & Go!

Robinson has missed a couple of blocks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom