Saints 2024 Miller v. Mims starting to feel a bit like 2007 Pittman v. Thomas (1 Viewer)

Sims hasn't really impressed me much at all. He is just another RB. Without a viable replacement, I would keep Miller around. A RB like Mims can always be picked up if needed.

The whole running back situation is very confusing. It looks as though Hill is more of a running back than a tight end in this offense. Obviously, Kamara is the starter. Williams is the hammer. Is there even a spot for another running back? I’m somewhat impressed by Mims, but Robinson has had his moments. Should be interesting and also dependent on which players can be put on the PS.

Interesting that I just typed all this forgetting about Miller— and I really did forget about him. So, Kamara, Williams, Miller, Hill, Prentice? Not only confusing but unsettling.
I saw a lot of "I" in the preseason so I could easily see keeping Taysom as a flex plus a FB, 3 RBs and two or 3 other TEs on the starting roster (than depending on matchup we can dress an extra TE/RB/FB from the PSquad)...

So I am Guessing from those spots at least....

FB/TE/RB/QB4/WR/ST/RT/S Taysom
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Williams
RB Miller? or Mims? or Kibodi or Robinson?
FB Prentice? or maybe Kibodi

If they drop Prentice or if he gets hurt they might value the RB3 with the size to play FB over the more productive RB backup. This gives Taysom the flexibility to play anywhere and provides more access to injury depth. Based on what they have shown so far I would think the smaller RB goes on the PSquad and the larger RB doesnt get exposed to initial-53-roster waivers.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I’m for it if Mims turns into PT.
I think anyone would. However, Mims has not impressed anywhere near what PT did in his first camp (and he is 3 years older than Miller).

I think anyone would. However, Mims has not impressed anywhere near what PT did in his first camp (and he is 3 years older than Miller).
Sure, but I’m not keeping Miller over Mims just because Miller is younger than Mims for the same reason I’m not holding a bunch of penny stocks over a single share of Verizon. Sure the penny stocks could hit (Miller could get healthy), but the Verizon stock is going to maintain a high value, and be highly traded (you know what you can expect in him).

Sure, but I’m not keeping Miller over Mims just because Miller is younger than Mims for the same reason I’m not holding a bunch of penny stocks over a single share of Verizon. Sure the penny stocks could hit (Miller could get healthy), but the Verizon stock is going to maintain a high value, and be highly traded (you know what you can expect in him).

Problem is that Mims hasn't shown anything to indicate that he is anything more than a penny stock that will never gain value. Miller, on the other hand, has flashed blue chip potential. It's irrelevant if he can't get on the field, but Mims isn't really giving you anything that a bunch of guys that will be available on the waiver wire can give you.

Plus, I heard Mims likes Nickleback.

Problem is that Mims hasn't shown anything to indicate that he is anything more than a penny stock that will never gain value. Miller, on the other hand, has flashed blue chip potential. It's irrelevant if he can't get on the field, but Mims isn't really giving you anything that a bunch of guys that will be available on the waiver wire can give you.

Plus, I heard Mims likes Nickleback.
If that Nickleback fact is true, then I’m out. I can’t have Kirk Cousins cousin on this team.

Mims is the Verizon stock? I would easily keep Miller over Mims but the better scenario IMO is to put Miller on IR for the 6 weeks or so and find a better RB on cut day. Mims is a PS player at best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom