2024 Schedule Release Leak-O-Rama (2 Viewers)

I think it shows our current status.. you new that one would be in primetime, but the fact that it's Thursday means we're unlikely have any others IMO.

I like the home opener. No game is a lock, but it's as winnable a home game on our schedule as they come. Need a fast start badly.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put the Saints at Broncos on a Thursday night just to stick it to both the Saints organization and Sean Payton. They always complained about the Thursday night games. This is ole roger reminding da boyz who is in charge.
It's not so bad for us, since we're at home. But that's a tough road trip for the Broncos.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put the Saints at Broncos on a Thursday night just to stick it to both the Saints organization and Sean Payton. They always complained about the Thursday night games. This is ole roger reminding da boyz who is in charge.

Definitely a giant middle finger to both the Saints and Payton. No question about it. Very intentional.

Not me. I predicted it. The Saints aren't a national attraction anymore. Networks know non Louisiana fans are not lining up to watch Carr and DA. We're a boring team sadly. I figured NFL would use the sexy Payton return to New Orleans storyline to boost interest/viewership on their Thursday night slate and placate Amazon.

The only question now is does ESPN/ABC throw us a bone with a Monday Night game because I'm positive NBC has no interest in giving us a Sunday night game
Eh. Amazon has been wanting better matchups.

Definitely a giant middle finger to both the Saints and Payton. No question about it. Very intentional.
I disagree. Ironic? Sure. But every team gets a Thursday game. And Amazon paid the NFL 1 BILLION for the package. It's not out the ordinary for a business to placate a client. Payton to New Orleans is a cool storyline and the NFL gets to appease Amazon while saving up a Sunday/Monday night slot for more attractive teams. That's all there is to it. There's too many factors in schedule making to think the NFL would plan everything on "getting one over on Payton and the Saints"

I disagree. Ironic? Sure. But every team gets a Thursday game. And Amazon paid the NFL 1 BILLION for the package. It's not out the ordinary for a business to placate a client. Payton to New Orleans is a cool storyline and the NFL gets to appease Amazon while saving up a Sunday/Monday night slot for more attractive teams. That's all there is to it. There's too many factors in schedule making to think the NFL would plan everything on "getting one over on Payton and the Saints"
I think you are spot on here!

Probably already posted above but looks like close on road at TB.

Believe what you want to believe. You’re talking about a league that went out of its way to give a second Thursday night game to every team that voted against the second Thursday night game a year ago.

The schedule makers are very petty people, under direction from a very petty individual, trust me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom